Never play EU servers, now its compulsory?

For the past week I’ve been going crazy asking why the hell EU players are in so many of my damn games and why people hardly talk anymore.

Well my question was answered when I read the recent changes to MM.

So lastnight I purchased a month of low ping VPN software (2 individual subscriptions for me and my partner) and set them to route us through NA East. Which unsurprisingly worked, I revelled in the toxicity of hard stuck golds blaming their tanks and healers for their lack of aim. Do I really have to continue paying 30$ a month just to be able to play overwatch with fellow english speakers?

Sorry but EU is just straight trash, people hardly communicate if theyre even in VC at all. If this continues I will really have to reconsider purchasing any more games from blizz.

1 Like

You could save money and instead just block EU servers in firewall.

Eyevou made great guide:)

One guy in topic listed IPs for EU servers.

3 Likes

I love it how people only start complaining once it starts becoming their problem.
I mean of course, it’s logical but not really fair that we aren’t looking out for each other.

Well why would US players for example start complaining about EU issues when they dont play there?

I mean i cant complain about australie server as i never played there. So i can be empatic about others having long queue times there but thats honestly all what i can do.

Well they could help raise more attention.

I mean if you wouldn’t enjoy being stuck with it then why not help out.
But then again you don’t need to help with every single thing you wouldn’t want to have so i guess it’s fair.

Though honestly it would’ve been nice if this issue could’ve been raised like this a long time ago.

2 Likes

But this issue cannot be solved unless you force all players to join voice chat even then many of them will have language barrier. Its just how it is in eu. Trust me i know and i hate when i play in games where i am only one in voice chat.

I mean people do not support other people unless the same thing happens to them and then it becomes their problem too :smiley: Human nature.

But I have also seen a lot of US people complaining about it as well, to my surprise tbh (surprise part being them complaining about it), a lot of them have EU friends and sometimes play on EU and now they cannot.

It is way worse for players who are outside of both EU and US, like Australia, or Asia.