Network Initialization Failed. (0xE00F00B0)

HELP. Yesterday OW was working fine, today I load the launcher fine and click play and this text error pops up - Network Initialization Failed. (0xE00F00B0). I have no clue how to fix it and I have run out of ideas. I’m really out of options and looking for someone with a bigger brain than mine that could help me to figure out what I need to do to get my game to launch again :slight_smile:

Hello WitZ :wave:

Sorry to hear you’re running into this connection error… let’s try refreshing the network information on your PC, as it may be getting hung up on outdated information.

IP Release, Renew, and Flush DNS

I’ve also seen this error occur when firewall ports are incorrectly configured, and blocking the game’s network traffic. It’s important to configure TCP as well as UDP ports for Overwatch. You can refer to this article for instructions:

Configuring Router and Firewall Ports

Some special instructions not included in the article…

After selecting the TCP radio button, copy-paste the following line for the Specific Local Port field:

80, 443, 1119

After finishing the TCP rule, make a new rule following the steps, but select UDP instead of TCP. Then, for those Specific Local Ports, copy-paste this:

3478-3479, 5060, 5062, 6250, 12000-64000

Then finish the steps and retry the game!

Thanks for the quick response, however, unfortunately neither helped. I am still getting the same pop up when I try and start the game.

It may be worth a shot to try resetting the network protocols for the device.

• Click Start (or press Windows key +Q to search) and enter CMD into the search option. Right-click on CMD.exe and select “Run as admin”
  • Type the following commands into the CMD window and hit Enter after each one:
    • netsh winsock reset
    • netsh int ip reset
  • Restart the computer

Unfortunately that hasn’t changed anything either. Any other suggestions because at this point I really have no idea what I can do to play the game </3

WitZ - This can also be caused by malicious programs. Can you run a scan with a spyware removal tool like malwarebytes and see if it finds anything?

If you’re still having problems after that, let’s make sure you disable any proxy settings you’re running.

This is just a sad end to the game </3 I have always enjoyed OW but this stupid thing just ended it for me overnight. Literally was working one second and now the game is completely unplayable. So sad </3

If that’s your decision, we definitely wish you the best of luck. If you want to get more direct one on one help, I’d honestly recommend contacting support from here. We’ll need system files we can’t collect over the forums directly, and our tech agents will be able to interpret those files.

If you do choose to do this, ensure that you let them know you already did troubleshooting and link this thread so we don’t double up on troubleshooting. However, this isn’t a bug, so the only way to fix it will be you troubleshooting the problem. Hopefully you can get some more help that way.