Network connection issues with Battlenet and Overwatch

I just switched to TDS and I am not having the issues anymore so it is very much a Charter Spectrum issue.

1 Like

Glad to hear the switch from Spectrum to TDS fixed things for you! Though I know some folks have more limited options on internet (myself included) so anyone who is still on Spectrum and is having this issue please reach out to them and report the issue.

Ensure they (Spectrum) understand the problem is not “failure to connect” but is instead an intermittent problem with stability. They’d need to escalate the case internally to a network engineer who can help track down the source of the issue. Often times these problems are caused by damaged hardware that needs to be replaced. I know after the winter storm last year there were ongoing issues with multiple ISP in affected states for many months. It happens to even the best providers. They’re usually more than willing to fix it once they understand what the issue is and it gets correctly escalated through their support chains. By no means is this a fast or easy process but it’s the only one they got.

I wish we had a more direct solution but I hope the info helps! Cheers!

I heard from my contact yesterday and he believes they have the issue narrowed down, but it will take a while to fix. He is out next week so my next update will be the week after.

I’m glad the switch fixed things for you CharNobyl - I don’t have that option. Either I get Spectrum, or 25Mbps DSL, which is almost 10x slower.

Update 11/10/21: I tested without a VPN today for the first time in over a week and had no issues, so it appears that this is now resolved. I never heard back from my contact so I’m not sure if he communicated with them or not, but it is finally fixed.

1 Like