Nerf Tracer the same way Soldier was nerfed

citation needed

Soldier’s nerfs weren’t even circumstantial to his damage or falloff.

but said players would farm your entire team on any hero if he’s a smurf, its not a tracer issue.

There’s the fact that his pickrate was many times every other dps hero in every skill bracket.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eS-yRaxBB80/WLSneHSyGUI/AAAAAAAAADg/WViK0mGnAag1BCwsdMgwQkNMpnpIbxouACLcB/s1600/overview.png

Everyone just always wanted s76 over any other dps.

Plat tracers with 40% accuracy, aka just mechanical skill and muscle memory, roll over every team who literally cannot do anything to her. Who needs game sense when you can just abuse tracer’s mechanics and nuke squishies without them being able to do a single thing as they get 1-2 clipped with ease.

yeah changing blink or recall CD would mess up anyone that plays tracer.

When S3 started, Soldier was BUFFED. Soldier’s then-buffed 17 damage > 20 damage on big targets was preferred, with S3 being triple tank meta.

His nerf in 2017 after S3 ended, lowered it to 19 damage, where it has stayed ever since. This nerf was done to reduce the effectiveness of Nano Visor – NOT because his base damage was too strong that he outclassed other DPS heroes. Nano Visor became the default ultimate combo for S3-S4 after Nano Boost lost its speed boost, because it was the only safe combination to use (Nanoblade and Nano Hog being the next best options).

The damage reduction in practice did absolutely nothing to stop his usage after S3. In S4, he continued to be the most picked DPS hero.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7rHeFq_qtGM/WRml-wZzFXI/AAAAAAAAAb0/1rt_VLT7yAEjwbnlnTlbMgA-Ws_4-S3MgCLcB/s1600/overall.png

His bullet spread/recovery nerfs, the ones that brought his usage down, happened S1 and mid S2. He did not outclass every DPS hero in S1-S2, and in fact McCree was the dominant player in all statistical tracking sites for S2 – OmnicMeta didn’t exist for S2, so all we have to go on is trickle-down from pro analysis.

Going back to your original comment;

S76 was not nerfed because he outclassed every DPS hero in basically all situations. His nerfs came before he even became meta.

So, again… I repeat myself and stand by what I said. His nerfs weren’t related to his damage or falloff.

2 Likes

ill say not to nerf the damage but nerf her clip. give her like 10 or 5 less bullets and that should be fine

“unless you are running dive tanks”

Lol a.k.a. All the time

yeah she will do less damage, but will still have the same burst effect at a safe range

Half of the top500 Tracer main lol.(every season)

Let me just say I main tracer my self and you may think this is BIASED but I’m a mid platinum level tracer main with gold guns :grin:
but honestly tracer isn’t really that over powered its just that only the top players no how to play her. For example in the Overwatch League the tracers don’t completely destroy teams like the do in normal competitive game play. I fully agree tracer has no full counters, but she does have some off counters such as McCree, Ana, Road Hog, Sombra and Brigitte when she is released. What lower elo players got to understand (such as my self) is how to counter play her recall use better as she can she get behind a team tear them up and shes out. If we can some how stop her from getting behind or getting kills that would change the game a lot. As I mainly play sombra, ana this season as Ana I’ve noticed how much hard it is to kill tracer so I’ve been practising my sleep aim and once she’s slept she is dead either if you have team mates or not, like just do the Ana one tap combo or get a team mate to finish them.

For these reasons I feel tracer doesn’t need a nerf just better counters towards her and just better game sense in lower elo ranks to kill her.

That Tracer would 1v6 your team with McCree too.

Do you want to nerf McCree as well?

Mccree doesn’t have the mobility to do so and if he does, he has a pure god aim

Please, nerf her yes. she hard to deal with even in the hands of a Tracer noob it can be difficult to kill her. Yet she can one clip people and there’s hardly nothing you can do about it.

Yes…she can one-clip people, if the player has the accuracy. Not everyone can do that though. Tracer is pretty simple. You either have the reflexes and know when to be aggressive/defensive or you don’t. You either have the accuracy with her guns or you don’t. She doesn’t have a lot of health and she relies on management of skills. You won’t kill anything with her if you cannot land the majority of her shots on your target.

She really doesn’t need to be nerfed. And to some people saying she kills Moira easily, that’s not always true. I’ve fended off Tracer’s with Moira so many times it’s humorous. Even with Mercy. A Tracer is good when you know it. If you cannot counter her, then you’ll lose. Junkrat, Winston, Hog and generally higher HP heroes will make it more difficult for her. You also have to turn around once in a while and make note of when her recall is down because then she’s REALLY easy to kill.

1 Like

Tracer is not simple. But if you get good at her, nothing can stop you

1 Like

That a problem. We should able have hard counters for both tracer and genji easily which there isn’t. Meanwhile other heroes like S76 gets damage nerf while those two remain untouched.

At the time S76 needed that, yet tracer just became meta at the same time and dafran got to top 10 with 2 different accounts (1 of them being #1) with ease playing mainly tracer and soldier

Which is why she should be hit.

Tracer needs a heavy nerfs