NERF PHARAH too much damage and requieres no skill

with the recent buff (it just can’t be a nerf unless you’re bronze) she just outputs 2 much damage and before you say “direct shots requiered, skill requiered” with the speed buff she got you don’t even need to worry about it becouse you’re always landing direct shots… now pharah actually wants to get closer no matter if it’s a mccree stunning her, she will destroy mccree becouse is way 2 ez to land direct shots at close/medium range
I’m askin for a nerf becouse there is no way to deal with her in 1v1 and there is no way to deal with her as a team when she’s getting poket by someone like ana or mercy unless they die (wich is hard)
my suggestion is to nerf the direct shot damage for around 10-15dmg… not even that much but makes the MU have sense and not “oh i already died”

1 Like

Laughs for 10 minutes
So let me break the bad news to you, direct shots are really really hard to land, because they are the slowest main attack projectile in the game. I am in the top 5% of all Pharah players for accuracy (according to masteroverwatch) yet I still only get about 30 to 40 direct hits PER 10 minute match.

It’s REALLY not as much as you think. And YES having a splash damage nerf and a splash knockback nerf are NERFS, you can no longer chain splash together to get kills from medium/long range, and you can no longer disrupt your counters’ aims by bouncing them around, you are forced to divebomb every target.

In exchange she can now fire 7 rockets in the time it used to fire 6, whoop de doo big buff :unamused:

4 Likes

Hey, don’t forget she got nerfs to even out that ‘buff’.

2 Likes

Speed buff? What speed buff? Projectiles move at the same speed as they ALWAYS have.

1 Like

No the rockets now move faster than before. A lot faster actually.

2 Likes

Soldier: 76 got a buff to his spread too! Just spread your bullets like marmalade on a morning toast and you’ve got a dead Pharah and an okay breakfast.

2 Likes

Not to insult you or anything but I don’t think they are super accurate with all the private profiles.

These are the official patch notes, nowhere in there does it mention a projectile speed increase.

Pharah

• Concussive Blast
  1. Cooldown reduced from 12 to 9 seconds
  • Rocket Launcher
  1. Attack speed increased
  2. Lowered recovery time between shots from 0.9 to 0.75 seconds
  3. Damage redistributed between explosion and impact
  4. Explosion damage reduced from 80 to 65
  5. Impact damage increased from 40 to 55
  6. Explosion knock back reduced by 20%
  7. Self-knockback amount increased by 25%
3 Likes

They still travel in-air at 35 meters per second.

This was the change, she fires slightly faster now, but once they leave the launcher they’re the same speed as they’ve always been. I’m actually against getting faster travel speed, I’ve been playing Pharah for almost 3 years now and a sudden change in projectile speed might totally wipe out my muscle memory and I wouldn’t be able to hit anything

1 Like

If always landing direct hits were the case then the best Pharah player would have incredibly high accuracy right?

Always is relative to 100%.
Except the best Pharah player has 50% accuracy.
Half the time the best player using Pharah fires a rocket, they miss a direct hit.

Actually…Junkrat has the slowest main projectile in the game.

cries in Junkrat

2 Likes

True but come on he doesn’t count :rofl:

1 Like

CRIES HARDER IN JUNKRAT

5 Likes

Hey pharah is hard to hit we should remove her! WHAT WHAT DO YOU MEAN LEARN TO AIM! NO NO JUST REMOVE HER! WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE JUST GOT CHANGES THAT MADE HER HARDER TO PLAY! WHAT DO YOU MEAN DIRECT HITS ARE HARD TO HIT! REMOVE HER NOW!!!

This forum in a nutshell for any hero.

2 Likes

Can’t believe I am saying this. But Pharah has had enough nerfs. The reason I hated her is because of her splash damage and being able to boop her counters around with her primary fire. Now she feels harder to play, which is good.

3 Likes

I should have stopped reading here, but I didn’t.

I got here and REALLY should have stopped reading, but I continued.

There was only a buff to her fire rate and not the projectile speed.

I have no issues killing Pharah in high masters/low GM games.

Hitscan or press her with D.Va

No. Pharah does NOT need any more nerfs.

2 Likes