Need More Supports Sooner

Oh it is. Complaints about a lack of supports and tanks have been happening for years so they are well aware at this point.

We could’ve gotten more, but they were apparently too concerned with their flashy new robust content schedule to give us the big influx of content we needed (Well, the one I wanted)

1 Like

Literally all they had to change was the December new hero from Tank to Support and so many people would be so happy right now

I dont even see Tanks excited to get their 11th hero in December since they just got Doomfist and Junkerqueen and Orisa rework to have fun with

5 Likes

Eh, I still wouldn’t have been particularly happy I think but it’d probably be better yeah.

Though Mauga should be pretty fun from a character point-of-view.

It is a frustrating situation.

On one hand: Support is the role with only 3 effective heroes at launch, with repeated promises that the devs would even-out the roster, followed by numerous potential support heroes being changed into dps, and continued new tank/dps additions going into OW2.

On the other hand: Covid, legal issues, devs leaving, and “management” have really put them behind schedule. Meanwhile, they are desperately trying to appease a frustrated (and predominantly damage) fanbase, likely pressured to appeal to the players that left for Apex, Valorant, and Call of Duty. This means “make the game look better for damage,” which advertising supports never does.

Either further fall behind in the fps genre limiting (severely needed) profits, or have broken promises bottleneck the game into unplayability.
That’s probably how they see it.

1 Like

I agree. It’s still only 9 Supports but like at least then it’s 17 Damage, 10 Tank, 9 Support instead of 17 Damage, 11 Tank, 8 Support. That slight little change would have at least given people some semblance of hope and not neglect.

2 Likes

Agreed 100%. I’ll be ok though as long as

a) The Fox girl is fun, viable, and feels rewarding

b) they follow through on their promise of “giving supports new and refreshed abilities in the second beta”. And no, I don’t consider auto Superjump a “fun new ability” lol

3 Likes

What would more support heroes do, add abilities you think we need but don’t have?

Not quite right.

4 heroes. One of them couldn’t heal, but still classified as Support.

How am I not quite right? Supports are 2 of the 5 slots on a team AKA 2/5ths or 40%

6 Likes

How are supports not 2/5ths of the team?

That lines up to me.

4 Likes

I agree. I just hope after this 2nd Season Tank Hero Seasons 4 and 6 are both Support Heroes. We need another back-to-back launch like when we got Moira and Brigitte.

Also still holding out hope Symmetra gets reworked to a healing support as has been rumored.

3 Likes

Well we know Moira is getting a new ability on her R button which makes me excited. I also think they should let her press E again once she has thrown out an orb to detonate it, causing a 6m explosion that does something different depending on if it’s a heal orb (burst heal + cleanse) or damage orb (slow), It would make her feel a lot more interesting and skillful and rewarding I think.

Zen’s new snap kick feels fun, idk if he needs anything else.

I think Baptiste’s healing nades could be changed to work more in 5v5, maybe make them have a faster projectile speed and make it so the splash heals more so you don’t need perfect aim with how spread out lots of comps are now. I also think they could tweak IF to feel more engaging to use and less annoying to play against, it was super strong in 6v6 but idk how good it will be in 5v5 with lack of shields.

Lucio is great.

Ana could get some spice added to her kit if they nerf sleep and nade since people keep complaining about it. I always thought it’d be neat if she could wall climb so she could get to better highground positions since she is a sniper. Would be easy to justify in the lore with a bionic enhancement or special shoes.

I think Mercy should get an entirely new E ability. Rez feels super bad to use in 5v5 because its so fast paced and theres a lack of protection. There’s a reason Mercy has seen almost no playtime in OWL even today with her perma-flight SJ change getting patched into OWL.

I’ve already made a thread with several suggestions:

I really hope they release a hero every season for the first 2-3 seasons. So we get tank in december, then a support next season, and if it’s not too much to ask maybe a support the season right after. But I would be fine if we got a tank in season 2 and a supp in season 3 and THEN it went every other season.

Same but feeling unlikely after latest Dev comments on her :sob: I miss my girl! I mained her at launch!

4 Likes

It seems they have a belief dps characters can be redundant but tanks/supps not.

I would say some redundancies are no problemo for the tanks/supps too, cause there are no weapon/ability customizations.

Or they perhaps are worried after they experienced the enormous backlash about Brig.

4 Likes

It is because the lack of options makes metas feel really restricting. If its a rush meta you NEED Lucio since he’s the only one with speed. A dive meta you NEED Zen for discord and Brig for peel, etc.

If there was more supports with speed that alone would be very interesting, I’m glad it looks like Fox girl has it!

2 Likes

Sorry; was conflating relative power with nominal team strength. It is late.

1 Like

What we’re the recent comments about Symmetra?! Also I would hope they did several releases back to back for heroes but I feel like they would have said that since transparency seems to be the name of the game now.

:confused: sounds just like numerical changes. Cant wait for her to still never get picked as a DPS when us Supp players would be more than happy to have her!

1 Like

Next beta no one toutch support and on feedback we will say that support hero pool dosnt have anything new etc

I sayed same thing!! Sym is good pick for dps… On first cp, after loose symm get speed boost to swap hero.

While on support she could get more pickrate and would be fun to Play her again

1 Like