Need more avoid slots

in a single game, i had 3 throwers… A SINGLE GAME BLIZZARD. this is y we need more than 3 avoid slots cuz next game ill prolly have 3 more, and the next and the next cuz you guys dont seem to care about comp

8 Likes

it should be made as of a percentage of potential player pool. like gold and plats can avoid more than anyone else.

4 Likes

and i need 2 more avoid slots already, what is this 4 games in and i already have to avoid 5 throwers??? but i only have 3 slots, well i guess i need to deal with throwers, thanks blizzard its ok though soon you’ll go the way of hots i guess. they didn’t listen to the players (like you), the game lost its fanbase(like overwatch is), and now its chaos for them(soon it’ll be you).

You must either be the least lucky individual to have three, separate throwers in a single game or your description of thrower is like “player not carrying me nor doing exactly as I say or not playing who I want em to” etc.

2 Likes

Was this a three stack of throwers?

If that’s the case then avoiding one should account for all three. If not then try teaming up with more players so the avoiding stacks.

Throwers is part of the ecosystem of overwatch so you are going to have to grit your teeth every couple of games, especially in your elo.

1 Like

I’ve actually been unfortunately grouped with a couple of 3 stacks who were intentionally (and admittedly) throwing because they thought it was hilarious. It does happen. I report them and move on. I usually just avoid one of the people in the three stack so I can keep my other two slots open.

I would like to see inifinite avoid slots. People will avoid everyone they simply do not like. Wait times for a match will be extremly long at a certain point and people will still not climb :wink: Never forget: The person you call a thrower (i guess they picked what you do not like) is at the same rank as you are, so…

nope all three fed and ran off cliffs constantly, it was like a benny hill show

1 Like

So why need an avoid slot for more than one more game? They will drop like a stone and you will not see them anyway

That would be amazing.

1 Like

Jeff has gone on to say that with TOO MANY slots people in the top 25% of overwatch (Diamond and above) could suffer huge delays for games.

Which I understand. HOWEVER. If this minority is destroying their own wait times, then the cure would be to lift a few of their Avoid slots themselves.

Another solution would be a few extra slots that only last like AN HOUR that way it wont be damaging long term.

Jeff is only saying that because that 1 Korean Widow main (who was actually found aimbotting later i believe) had 3+ hour long queues a few months after competitive launched from being avoided by so many players. Same thing happened with a Legit Zarya main who wasnt cheating, she was just really good.

Should be 20 avoid slots, but the duration reduced to 3 days instead of 7. Likely chance of every meeting someone from 7 days ago after avoiding is like 1%. Ive never encountered anyone ive avoided after 48 hours because i drop them and avoid someone new.

or make the amount of avoid slots set by rank, i mean if gold is most of the player base, then they should have the most avoid slots… and on and on.

20? Are you crazy? Matchmaking would stop altogether. 20 players with 20 avoids could avoid nearly 400 players at a time.

It’s a problem for you if you need more than 3 slots. You probably did something that tilted them.

i said let the torb and sym play what they want