Need Help With PC Settings

I have a very nice, very beefy computer. I would like to think I could run this game at 240hz at it’s max settings. Yet, it fails to do this. Is my PC just not good enough? What am I doing wrong? I want my eye candy. :frowning:

RTX 2080Ti
Intel i9 9900K
64GB RAM
Acer Nitro XV273 Monitor

1-Are you in the menu? It locks at 60 if you are.

2-What is your framerate cap?

3-Are your computer’s monitor settings set to run at 240hz?

Those were the three problems I had with my 144hz monitor about two weeks ago.

I am kinda jealous right now

1 Like

Depends what are you aiming for really.
I go by old school, even if you have 60hz monitor you shouldn’t aim for 60 fps but 120 fps to reduce input lag.

If you only play for fun I see no problem even playing at stable ~144 fps :man_shrugging:

Same setup minus the 64gb of ram. Play with the reduce buffering option in OW and the nvcp.

Also the 3k series f’d us T_T

Oh and haven’t tested graphics settings in awhile so info might not be current but turn off Dynamic Reflections, Low fog detail - low, Refraction - low, Local reflections - off. Everything else you can set to ultra.

You can always play at 240hz if you have the appropriate monitor. What you mean is 240fps not 240hz.

Yes ideally you couple your refresh rate (hz) with your frame rate (fps) but your system specs have nothing to do with your refresh rate. That’s mainly a monitor spec.

Sorry to hear that. :frowning:

First of all

Reeeeeeee

Second of all, the game does lock you at 60 fps in the menu and loading screen. So it could be that. But if it isn’t, then can you check NVIDIA control pannel to see whether you have set it up right yet? Maybe there is something wrong with your settings in it.

If all else fails, I have no idea.

Nah. It’s not the main menu issue. I go into a game lobby to test this. Oh well. I’ll be okay without the eye candy.

1 Like

Question that you don’t mention; what cable are you using from the monitor to your PC?

These troubleshooting guides may have key steps you can try to optimize your Overwatch experience:

• Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
  • In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD driver for your system.
  • There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

1 Like

Sweet. Thanks for this. I’ll have a look.

Do u just buy it? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’m using a DP cable. I believe it’s 1.2. I can achieve the desired framerate without issue. My issue is achieving that same framerate with all the graphics maxed out, which I think this PC should be able to do. I could be wrong though.

Ok, at least that’s in order then as the monitor supports DP 1.2 standards and that’s the minimum you need. Though DP 1.2 is an older standard (2010) so the bandwith on it isn’t the greatest, but it’s what you have to work with given that monitor.

What’s the setting in the NVIDIA control panel? Under “screen” and “resolution” (sorry my displayed language in the control panel is Norwegian so I’m probably butchering the translation here) you can set the refresh rate on the display port. I have an AOC G2460 so my refreshrate is set to 120. Is it set to 240 on yours?