Nano event is 10/10

You know what event would be better?

An overhaul of the balancing team.

DUDE theres so much wrong here…
1.D.va short is one of the best but it’s understandable that you may not like it you’re used to the in game celebrity face d.va used to be…

2.The short is meaningful especially to fans of d.va and as I’ve heard the south Korean player base…

3.The events are planned months in advance with short and tie in’s planned…

4.The nano cola event was released right after summer games because yes there was a content drought but blizz. knew this and that was why it was included…

1 Like
  1. we learned almost nothing new about dva besides ‘oh what a surprise she isnt a celebrity personality outside of the public image’, and her team. It is a very very bad cinematic because of how lazy it is when it had 2x the length of normal cinematic schedules aka 8 months when every other cinematic had around a 4 month schedule, and reinhardts was the last one so it had a tough followup too. It was a disappointing cinematic that did really almost nothing in lore, emotion, and frankly poor action.

2. good for them

3. events/shorts are planned months ahead but if not for me knowing how long coding and animations themselves take, id have thought they did this stuff in under a week due to how poor it is.

4. ofc blizzard knows this, this nano event you even admit is a way to alleviate the communities bad perception towards the very bad summer event, and to give the community to do for 2 weeks to hopefully stop the complaining.

This event is not good below the surface. I just wish more of the community would see that

events/shorts are planned months ahead but if not for me knowing how long coding and animations themselves take, id have thought they did this stuff in under a week due to how poor it is.

Do you know how long art assets and rendering take? it’s not short… this event didn’t take under a week unless blizz went full force on it for that week…

This event is not good below the surface. I just wish more of the community would see that

Well my dude, the majority of the events are no more than surface level… some skins and maybe an extra game mode blizz is trying something new to see if it is a viable concept so instead of taking resources away from bug fixes and actual improvements to the game they decided to divert resources from the event team… and this knew challenge would be release right after summer games to make up for the lack of content.

I like the event.

I just don’t like that they dropped the event during time that people play comp. Lots of people playing comp at that time got kicked because of the update and lost 50sr.

thats what i just said, animations is what i meant by art and rendering. This short is 7m 48s, over 8 months since the rein cinematic which was 20s shorter. I know it didnt take under a week to make, im saying it feels like it took under a week to make because it took 2x as long to come out as normal cinematic schedule, yet was easily one of the worst cinematics next to soldiers.

The majority of the events since owl began havent given anything new in terms of gamemodes(except the lore event) as well as a good amount of cosmetics, and as you said, this new challenge is just to make up for the fact that blizzard is clearly putting more manpower into owl and its hindering a lot of ow development and what is made, given by the extremely lackluster event followed up by a mini event just to try and make up for the very bad event.

And heres jeff giving a perfect example of it.

Nice save there… X3

Also, i was Very Confused for a second…
(I’m pretty sure i’m not Jeff.)

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/6/6f/Widow_Scope3.ogg

Can’t like things… :blue_heart:

https://d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/0/06/Scope8.ogg

1 Like

it’s not even an event, just your basic arcade weekly quest just for all modes, without even a reward except for this d.va junk

best i could find, feels bad

𝓕𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓮𝓬𝓽𝓵𝔂.

i cant post gifs yet, due to susps i am not trust lvl 3 yet :frowning:

Oh yea… I forgot about that… Sorry to hear.

(Also i cannot say i would condone the use of such songs… the mods are pretty strict… as good as they are.)

yea, probably wise to not have them eh

I cry… So many tears…

Also, can we have more Nano events?

Maybe one for… Bastion?

To those wondering what me and chibi were talking about

also, maybe if they were higher quality sure.

It’s okay. I really don’t want this to become the norm.

The skin and the sprays are decent, and I know someone spent time to make them, but it’s just not very impressive to me. It’s a neat little thing they did to go with the cinematic and the new map, but honestly I wish they would their time an effort to show us what they can really do, because this can’t be the extent of what they’re capable of.

I know that they didn’t have to even put this challenge out there, but for someone like me, it’s just very “meh”