Name something old OW players will know

I’ll start it off by listing:

D.Va’s ult used to kill herself if she was within range of her ult.

13 Likes

Ledge dash? I saw footage of it but never experienced it.

3 Likes

pain, they will know pain

14 Likes

Sudden death.

I’m getting the feeling they have a shield generator

25 Likes

the joy of watching the entire enemy team get revived and not actually winning the fight because mercy existed

20 Likes

I remember playing sym and constantly spamming e to give my teammate’s 25 shields

16 Likes

Coin flips :nauseated_face:

15 Likes

When brig didn’t exist.

7 Likes

Bastion had a shield.

7 Likes

Level 3 turret POTG. :neutral_face:

21 Likes

Liking a match with a thumbs up or down.
Sombra ARG.
6 torbjorns on hollywood defense
prefer a team mate

8 Likes

Selfdamage on Junkrat.

4 Likes
22 Likes
  • Defense Matrix as a wall.
  • 400 armor dva
  • Stalling 3rd point payload progress dorado by using junkrat’s sit emote to hide underneath the transparent wall just near 2nd checkpoint.
  • Sombra’s translocator easily letting you get out of bounds on any map using no cooldown and spamming it against wallsA
  • Eigenwalde used to never have a 2nd flank entrance underneath the bridge near the TV/computer room. It was just the archway and so many people got full held there
  • Eigenwalde’s 2nd point where the payload would battering ram the door would not leave a pile of rubble after going through, a secondary gate would close leaving only the 2 side entrances as push through as the attacking team
7 Likes

On the first mission archives in Kings Row during the payload push segment where all the omnics come to attack if you sent someone immediately to the destination and sat there throughout the entire payload push cycle omnics would never spawn. This was promptly patched out I think only near the end of the archive’s first year.

Competitive first season of overwatch used a system out of 100 rather than out of 5000.

1 Like

Soul Orbs of 50 edge recovery.

7 Likes

Using torb’s hammer mainly to upgrade your turret instead of fixing it.
Auto aim symmetra.
Red glowy balls that appeared after eliminating someone as reaper.
Symmetra teleporter ultimate that you would set on ANY place on the map and link to spawn.

Thanks for reminding me. The rate the match function out of 3 dots at the top of the screen after a game ends. Let me try find a video with it.

1 Like

People complain about mccree fth doing 50 dmg, it used to do 70. Also in the closed alpha/beta he didnt have any dmg falloff on his primary.

“Lets drop the beat!”

10 Likes

How old… I mean… Bastion had it’s own Shield on Beta. Does that count?

2 Likes