NA servers crashed really blizz

so i just lost 50sr due to blizzard servers and received a suspension

shrugs

1 Like

I knew something was up.

I was in the middle of a custom game just goofing around when suddenly the game went completely still and I couldn’t move.

take it to the bugs forum you can join a lot of us in our rage

Is this a second time your servers crashed in a recent time?

I’m not from the NA server, but condolences anyway.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in red text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please start a new topic in the technical discussion forum saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

I mean… When myself, everyone in the match in question and people all over general chat are complaining about a match failure and SR Loss? Something tells me that that is the GAME servers, not my own connection. And we should not be penalized for Blizzard’s server issues. The OP of this thread was not the only one affected by this yesterday.

Are you hired by Blizzard?

All of EU got disconnected from games a few days ago. With messages as “Failed to Connect to Server”. And it was all on Blizzards end.

Ease up on the fanboyism. :wink:

I reviewed the frequency of posts made in the technical discussion forum yesterday, I don’t believe there was any problem with Blizzard’s servers or any network provider on their end since I last posted. There may have been a network node or an ISP acting up but that happens nearly all of the time to somebody. Even if there was doesn’t matter now if the situation is resolved and you are back to playing as normal.

No but I am one of the forum MVPs which means I have regular communication with Blizzard’s customer service team and work together to help other players. I do this because I want to make sure anyone who is having troubles to have the best chance to get reconnected and back playing, but myself or Blizzard can only do that if there is cooperation on your end to do so.

The issue you refer was a matter when a network node affected a large number of players in Europe, Blizzard was aware of the issue, but things like that take time to resolve including collecting connection reports in the European Tech Support forum so they could isolate the specific problem.

As an update, I did check with Blizzard CS today, there was a network node that dropped the ball causing the brief incident. Unfortunately that was outside of Blizzard’s control in that circumstance and it quickly corrected itself. Since it sounds like this has not been ongoing there is nothing that needs to be investigated further.

This is why the penalty system for Competitive always starts small with only a 50 SR deduction and a 10 minute suspension, which is easily recoverable in future games. Learn more here:

Makes 0 sense to penalty or punish players for THE GAME’S server having issues.

Whether or not 50 SR is recoverable in few games or not? It can make or break Tier Standing and to lose it for the server’s f**king up? Well, that’s kinda beyond ludicrous.

1 Like

Its not the game server, something in between on the connection route. But the post I link specifically states why the penalty system is balanced to not let a one-time issue like that impact player’s significantly.

The penalty system is flawed and this a scenario showing as much.