Mystic FPS drops and freezes!

I am playing overwatch for a year now, and all that time the perfomance, stability and smoothness were outstanding! I was literally playing with one hand and wiping my tears of happines with the other! :joy:
But about a week ago it started :weary:. Game starts perfectly and everything goes as usual (80-100 FPS) but when I get into a teamfight or any kind of situation with a lot of stuff going on on the screen, my FPS drops to 20-30, and I even get a freezes sometimes! :scream: Not only the picture freezes but the sound too (what could it mean?). But the thing is, my PC is good enough to give me stable FPS at all kind of games, especially Overwatch (as I said for a year it was super stable). I am pretty pedantical when I play, so of course every programm which is possible to shut down, is shutted down. I tracked the information of my CPU temperature, and GPU memory usage aswell, and CPU is on 60 degrees and GPU memory usage is low (900mb/4000mb), when fps drops happends. So I can’t really give any reason why would I get this freezes and drops. I’ve read different topics here, but didn’t find any answer. I shutted down all overlays possible, doing my SSD disc optimization and defragmentation once a week.
P.S. I have a little suspicion, one topic said that Discord affects overwatch somehow, which is pretty strange as for me, but Discord is the only other program I have running with overwatch (all the overlays are off for sure!) , so I will try swtiching it off and write the results later
Technical Support, please help!!!:sob::sob::sob:

If you have the Overlays, turned off, that is all you need to do as far as Discord goes.

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

1 Like

I also have this Problem but it doesnt affect me to much. I run flawless 155 FPS, but sometimes very rarely I get a freeze for 1 - 2 second and my FPS goes down to 15-20 FPS and back to normal. When it happend on a day it doesnt occur anymore afterwards when it happend. Everything runs fine, but this makes me a bit curious, if its my hardware or the game?

My System:
Acer Predator XB241YU 165Hz G-Sync Monitor
Msi Gtx 1070 Gaming X
Intel i5 6500 (3.2 boost to 3.6Ghz) (Now 4.16Ghz)
Msi Z170a Pro Motherboard
500w PSU BeQuiet
250Gb Samsung SSD
Windows 10

I have EXACTLY the same issue, however if im Streaming it happens quite frequently " but only recently never used to do it " and if im not streaming its no where near as bad… my system specs are pretty close to GrassHoppers “even the same monitor” but i have a GTX 1080ti GPU, i dont struggle to stream anything else. And as i said before its only started doing it recently.