Mystery heroes arcade

Why is mystery heroes in the arcade 24/7? Whenever I play ow I always see mystery heroes its like a fly it just won’t go away

2 Likes

It’s there to give the nolifers easy lootboxes and consequently make OW unfun for anyone not like them.

I don’t think its easy loot boxes imo I tried to play mystery heroes and lost 10 times in a row its complete rng but with total mayhem its balanced same with elimination

1 Like

Well aren’t you a lovely person.

While I do think ALL games should be rotated, I don’t think it’s okay to make fun of people who do like that game mode.

3 Likes

Because it’s apparently too popular to ever lose spot.

Fans of other modes need to be more vocal, so we could actually get our fave modes available more often. That’s how Mystery heroes became permanent.

1 Like

Because it’s a popular, silly, timeless mode many enjoy and rarely plYS the same way due to the rng. It’s also a solid way to see if you like a hero you never touched before.

4 Likes

Often the easiest explanation that requires the least assumptions is also the correct one. In this case, the gamemode is likely there since the release of the Arcade because a metric f-ton of people play it regularly. That’s it, really. It’s there because they have the numbers and see it’s super popular.

Easy Lootboxes from a mode that, in contrast to something like Deathmatch or Elimination, takes just as long to complete as a normal game AND gives you the least control over the outcome of the match. Also, you’re apparently a “nolifer” for winning a staggering amount of 9 games in the Arcade… per week. Ok then.

1 Like

Your suggestion is actually really good it’d be way more fair and balanced if everything rotated in and out

2 Likes

It is the only mode where you don’t have to think about what hero to play.

It is also the hardest mode to get the 3 loot boxes from if you are not good with most of the heroes

I’ve given up trying to play mystery heroes since the other team always get 2 mercys and 4 tanks its insane if you kill 1 mercy the other mercy revives that mercy and its a endless chain of mercys reviving each other

Personally speaking, it’s my favorite mode actually. I like how it mixes up the OW formula and how you have to challenge yourself playing EVERY hero at any time. I like not having to choose what to play and don’t have to feel bad for sucking at certain heroes because I didn’t select them.
I also enjoy how it feels like a puzzle sometimes, as in what part of the enemy composition do you have to eliminate to break them apart. Often sacrificing yourself to get a healer or someone you know has their ultimate charged is a win-condition. It’s really different due to the changed ruleset, because you can actually “rob” the enemy team of something, and I find that change of pace engaging.

As long as you accept that it’s not going to be completely fair and the win is not always in your hands it can be super fun.

3 Likes

Well it is fun its just that the other team can have like 3 healers and your team has 6 dps and I try to play mystery heroes without thinking about winning but after you lose 10 games you kinda get annoyed that you’re not winning any games at all

Oh yeah I get that. I had ridiculous loss streaks as well because of RNG. If you start to get bothered by bad luck you should probably just stop for the time being, just like with tilt in comp I guess haha

But when I have such a severe disadvantage like that, I always see it as a fun challange. You don’t lose immediately in OW, and wasting half an attack strategically picking apart their team and making the most out of a valuable hero you got I find super engaging, no other mode has that.

…but there’s also the odd game with 4 Zaryas and 2 healers. I still have nightmares.

2 Likes

Its the most poular arcade mode.

It is pretty solidly in the lead as the most popular arcade mode. See:

I also agree with Noble6 above; it is a refreshing break from strict meta and forces you to think critically about what heroes you have, what heroes the enemy has, and what you can do about it. And if you do get one of those unavoidably stompy games, then oh well, RNG is gonna RNG. There’s less pressure than in the other game modes, more room for creativity, and different strategy required to win.

And also, I get to play all the things. I like playing all the things.

1 Like

Well even if its the most popular I feel like all the game modes should just rotate and since total mayhem is 2nd why don’t they just stick it there next to mystery heroes?

1 Like