Mystery Deathmatch >>> FFA deathmatch

i disagree, i win a lot of dm games as junkrat, zen, and have won as other characters not mccree or roadhog.

but this is subjective

I dont doubt you but if your talking about which needs more skill i say mystery cause you have to have it on multiple characters or be very well with one.

I got reaper one match and ended up getting 2 death blossoms in one life and pretty much the entirety of the game came after me lol

i disagree, mystery dm is 100% on luck of the draw.

I mean to each their own. I personally like it more cause as i say having been around since season 4 times i have a diverse character arsenal and i do well in a FFA environment. BUt for people who only use about 1-5 characters and have little time on anything else i can see how its a displeasing mode.

Mystery heroes regular is more luck of the draw then FFA is, cause your team comp is luck and in a team environment, better comp wins. But as a FFA mode Mystery is not bad at all in my eyes cause its me vs everyone not an rng teamfight

FFA mode makes sense as a comp, where you have to adapt and switch to heroes but the Mystery FFA makes sense as a fun experience.
I mean it takes skill, versatility, map knowledge etc for sure but its super fun to see people trying to do stuff with random heroes and many weird battles happen that otherwise would never take place.

1 Like

exactly, when you see a mccree one trick get stuck on mercy and they are popping off in the killfeed it’s kinda hilarious. Mystery hero FFA is quickly climbing up in my fav arcade modes, but mystery heroes standard is still low at the bottom

2 Likes

I mean, the good thing about Mystery FFA is the variety, and because I’m a support main the game gifted me with virtually just dps characters (I have this theory it checks who you play most and tries to avoid those characters).

Won a solid victory on my first try, I just wish the game gave me PotG for my solid Soldier play instead of that damn Torbjörn thing I did the last few seconds of the game (at least I wasn’t ulting!).

Odd that some people actually like running through a hallway with 3 junkrats and 2 moiras and a brig…

You’re missing the main point of FFA deathmatch. It’s not really about the wins, its about having a good place to practice your hero mechanics and warm up before jumping into comp.
Mystery DM is fine as an addition to the arcade as a fun mode, but it should NEVER have taken the place of something that has an actual use for gameplay refinement. FFA DM really needs to just have a permanent slot because of how useful it is, and that’s the reason for all the upset posts.

3 Likes

I just played it for the first time today and it sucks. I kept getting picks of weak crap like healers and low mobility heroes. It wasn’t fun when I was getting owned by the person who lucked into way better picks like Moira and Roadhog. I’d much rather play normal FFA where at least I get to practice my skills on heroes I enjoy playing.

No hero is bad, I used to 1 trick sombra (now grinding on widow) but I get equal amount of kills after a death for every hero (even mercy because im a battle mercy main, and Zarya because I practice a lot of tracking) I’ve dominated games with every hero I get. People need to stop complaining and start playing other heroes than DM meta heroes.

I had killed a lot of players with zarya in Mistery DM. She is limited in deathmatch, but with random heroes it is easier to get full charge.
And with full charge, her secondary fire spam can get you some cheap kills.

I personally prefer regular FFA (i don’t care too much about either mode tho), but i completely agree with these two things.

I know people want to play normal FFA, but that doesn’t mean Mystery FFA should be deleted. Suggesting to delete something many other people enjoy is not very reasonable.