My two Cents on the beta for RQ

so as many of us already knew was going to happen and this comes from some in the Gold and lower ranks. RQ is not going to work with the current matchmaking algorithm.

And i may of only played a small handful of games right now, but nothing has changed one bit in the quality of my games. The problem of everyone wanting to play Dps is solved, but that was not the main problem to begin with. That main problem of Smurfs ruining the lower ranks or trolls doing the same is still there. as well as that one player that wants to take on the entire enemy team is still there.

All I see is a gerry-rigged filter that is not even working the way the Devs want it to. Sure it is a nice step forward to positive gaming and a positive community, but this is something that should be used to fine tune matchmaking not make a problem worse. Its like you are trying to refill a tire full of air when the tire is missing half the rubber in the first place.

I saw this with other games like league of legends, their solution of RQ did not work either because they refused to address the main issue of matchmaking forcing a 50% win rate on the account instead of making the match a 50% chance to win/lose per match. Which is what they strayed away from in the early seasons. Overwatch has done the same, they had a good matchmaking system then strayed from it and now in an attept to look as though they are fixing it, they implement an RQ system that is just making matchmaking refine the lose ration even further.

Don’t get me wrong, I like the Idea, but to someone who can play with higher ranked players on my account, I am unable to even experience that because of the fast that the games in the lower ranks are just a clown, trolling, QP fiesta that will not be fixed.

The worst part is that my feed back gets ignored, where if someone with a much higher rank were to say the exact same thing, then things would change immediately… or as close to immediately as possible.

Well, that is my Two Cents of the Beta of RQ. Let me just say this, if low ranked plays can see this problem, then a 5 year old could see this problem as well.

You used a bunch of words, but I still don’t see what the obvious problem is that you’ve said a 5 year old could see.

What does this mean?

Are you saying you share an account?

Is matchmaking only good if you win?

I can’t tell if you’re saying LOL did this, or if both LOL and OW do this. If so, Overwatch matchmaker does not take win rate into account. It uses current MMR to find 12 people with as close to exactly the same MMR as possible. It has to compromise if there aren’t 12 people in the queue at the same time, and throws out games that aren’t closer than 40 / 60 % win chances.

See popular Myths:

MMR is a decimal number roughly in the -3 to +3 range where 0 is the average player.

I’m not sure you’re offering a clear request.

Can you find an example of this?

What is the current matchmaking algorithm?

Left this in draft… Might not be cohesive, just going to post without re-review.

2 Likes