My trip to watch Overwatch League (Stage 2/Week 1) (Photos enclosed)

I wish I could watch games but I’m disabled and can never afford going across half of the US to go watch nor do I have the ability to watch games live.

Are the arena and all of its effects even more amazing to see in person?

2 Likes

Wait, that girl is just a fan of Linkzr?? I assumed she was his girlfriend/wife or something, since she seems to be at every Outlaws game (as the camera operators conspicuously keep reminding viewers). Don’t know if Linkzr is lucky to have such an enthusiastic and pretty admirer or if he needs a restraining order for a potential stalker lol. :scream:

Congratulations. That is such a great adventure. Now I really want to go there!

My best friend travelled to USA last year and took a picture in front of the Blizzard Arena building when it was one week away from its grand opening.

I could be wrong, she may be his girlfriend. However, I did not go diving into her personal life. I recognized there were several people there who were die hard fans of specific players. During the single map win of Shanghai Dragons over Dallas Fuel on Wednesday, I saw a girl run up and toss a Snowball plush toy to one of the Shanghai players (I think Undead) and run off blushing. It was adorable to watch.

1 Like

I remember you! in the mountains!

1 Like

That awesome family is part of the overwatch cosplayers group on FB. Very nice people and very talented!

Wait where now? Which mountains? I travel to many mountains in my homelands frequently (as my hobby is nature photography). Or did I meet you somewhere on my trip in California… I only visited Space Mountain there… (darn fun ride).

Haha whoops, I was just quoting some Warcraft thing my friend showed me a long time ago… can’t remember how it went. But I do remember seeing you on the forums, just not all that frequently.

Anyways thanks for sharing the great photos. Really cool that you were able to make it there.

I usually only hike in the Smokey Mountains/ Blue Mountain Ridge/ Appalachian area. Ever been to Ceasar’s head in SC? Pretty fun hike.

Wow that sounds pretty awesome haha glad you had a fun time

Stadium looks bigger than it looks on stream. :astonished:

I am more curious how are you abe to post images in the forum.

Ooooh, someone who can post pictures. I’m curious, do you know why you can or when you were able to? The trust system is pretty vague to me and you might have some insight.

EDIT: Oh wait, weren’t you MVP on the old forums for the technical support? Or something similar? That would explain it.

2 Likes

I love how you took pictures of the hosts eating.

Imagine if that was caught on stream, LOL!

Ah… okay. No, I live in Wyoming (obviously) so I live in the Rocky Mountains. I have encountered many wonderful Overwatch fans during my camping trips and adventures in Colorado and Wyoming (mainly because I am wearing my Overwatch ball cap or t-shirts and they see them). So it made me wonder if you were one of them.

Yep, it is. Plenty of room for everyone!

Yes, I was granted early access so that my ability to help others in the tech support forum can continue. I have also been using the abilities to post constructive content such as my Twitch Rewards Guide and I will post the occasional meme as long as it is in compliance with Forum Code of Conduct. I am technically still a Forum MVP, they have yet to program a group profile for us “greenposters” on this new platform, but that is coming soon™.

However just remember to post constructively and like other players posts that you agree with. That helps build your Trust rating.

If you could only smell the food like I did. I swear I was craving Korean and Chinese food the rest of the night that night.

So it is 90% empty seats like usual. I thought they get more people in there after the marketing company send out flyers offering to pay for attendance?

I am not aware of any marketing efforts like that, but I do not live in the greater Los Angeles area. Wednesdays and Thursdays the grandstands are usually not full but fill up more if L.A. Valient is playing. Many people don’t stay for the third match as it is so late (even for Pacific Time) especially if it is a low-ranking match. As such I observed on Friday and Saturday, they offered those in attendance to return for next week’s Wednesday or Thursday matches for only $10 (50% off) when purchased at the Box Office. The Friday I was there was sold out, and Saturdays are VERY packed all day long.

Speaking of which, as a friendly reminder, this Thursday (March 8th), all in attendance will receive a FREE Solider.76 Statue! I checked Universe today and they are nearly sold out (but not yet). So get a ticket if you can!

Thanks for the pics! This was a fun read :slight_smile:

photos??? what???

You are most welcome.

See my replies above explaining why I have this sacred power already.

And here I thought it was almost impossible to find a non-toxic post. I hope you had a lot of fun!