My Thoughts on the PTR Patch

At least it’s something.

Cool trade-off, I hope it goes well. Looks promising. I think you could maybe even give McCree both, he’s a good boy.

Reaper didn’t need this, he’s a good boy.
I hope he bounced back.

Nice, reducing Sigrisa synergy. Good change.

“OWL is in 2 weeks, gotta send Orisa back to Ilios Well.”

Lord, I hope I’m wrong.

Nothing I’m actually going to miss :sweat_smile:

I’m at least glad Sigma nerfs have been gentle and fair. He’s in good hands :smile:

If this overdoes it, I want Immortality Field reverts the most. It feels pretty sad now.

8 Likes

Are you a good boy?:smiling_imp::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I agree with most of your assessment. We need IF reverts like a hole in the head and I am really shocked you are okay with the Sigma changes. Otherwise, I completely agree.

4 Likes

Being deleted out of an already extremely vulnerable ult to you is fair?

1 Like

I’m an :octopus:

I get not everyone likes it but it ain’t no Mei freeze on the unfun scale and I’d like it to feel impactful.

I’m mostly worried about Reinhardt taking over, he’s a counter that enables more counters. Otherwise, they didn’t take anything I’ll miss.

I did some inventory and we’re down:

2 ft of range we didn’t know we had

A purpose for rock which is niche anyway

And now they heroes Sigma is best against are better against Sigma… when he’s ulting.

He’s just more fair, that’s fine.

You Kinetic grasp to get swoll, block anything that could potentially stop you THEN ult.

We have the tools already, we’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Lucio may come into play more for speeding rein into the brawl much faster considering his movement with shield out was buffed.

2 Likes

Yeah, Lucio’s about to be top notch.

One thing people arent mentioning is the amount of nerfs lately. Not too long ago, people were complaining about Powercreep. Are these recent balance patches an answer to that concern? With so many nerfs lately, it seems the game is getting closer to launch power.

3 Likes

Because they need to hold onto their “power creep” card, just in case.

1 Like

The Orisa, Sigma, and Baptiste changes are purely for OWL and GM. They were dominating GM, so I can see the need. They were a bit heavy, though. These three are going to see a lot less use at all ranks.

The Reaper and Hanzo changes were more for mid and low ranks. Should help things there.

The McCree one mystified me until I looked at his pick and win rates. He’s picked fairly often at all ranks, but doesn’t have a great win rate anywhere. Appears he needed some tweaks. Hope it works.

Means hanzo has to use 4 body shots or 2 body shots and a headshot now to kill, instead of 3 body shots or 1 body shot and a headshot. The only one the same is 2 head shots to kill.

Yeah, he has really fallen off thanks to the armor buff. I think 35% would have been a better nerf if he had to have one.

I don’t think she will only have well, first point rialto is still there.

I think putting it on a 22 second cooldown would be a good start

Anything I didn’t answer I agree with

1 Like

That’s nice but its only a bit less damage to a tank. At least its almost like removing an arrow.

For real.

I want more uptime. 5 seconds feels so short.

Silver linings.

Maybe revert that instead then. I was debating when making my post whether to revert the cooldown or up time. I don’t think both should be though, it was to powerful.

1 Like

Waste a cooldown just to ult wow yea that’s not extremely clunky and leaving for vulnerability

I spice my Coalescence up with an orb and a fade reposition all the time.

Wraith or Shadow Step to set up Death Blassom.

Sigma can swoll-ify himself, thats great.

1 Like

And when it does nothing and you’re outplayed you wasted cooldowns for nothing. That’s bad choices on your part, an already long wind up ability should be rewarded for being pulled off not require extra babysitting because people are too stupid to hit during the massive animation window.

We’re tanks, we’ve got the tools to block and outlast what could possibly stop us from ulting. Besides, I usually live through my fluxes anyway. If you’re worried about sleep or hook, block those with your barrier first. Baiting out cooldowns isn’t a tall order.

This is CC Watch anything is going to interrupt Sigma and force people to sit on Rein to negate. Trash tiering a tank to make another shine is just gonna result into Rein being overlypicked. But sure whatever you say dude.

As long as other tanks besides Reinhardt are in the meta, I think Sigma is going to do just fine as he is on the ptr.

He’s not very good against Reinhardt.

Out of all the PTR changes, the two that I really don’t like are Orisa and McCree. Baptiste too, but I don’t play him as much. From what I’ve heard, though, people who have tried the changes are basically saying that the healing nerf is too much.

I think the Orisa nerf was too heavy-handed. I never thought her damage was really an issue. It only really came into play when it came to the shield break battles. Besides, it wasn’t Orisa herself that people complained about. Not recently, anyways. It was her synergy with Sigma that people complained about. Trying to nerf double barrier is like trying to nerf Pharmercy - it’s tough to nerf the synergy without nerfing the individual heroes too hard. You even run the risk of, in your attempts to nerf the synergy, you end up making the synergy even more mandatory. And I think they’re reaching that point with Orisa.

I don’t know what they could’ve done except maybe bring heroes like Mei down a bit to make dive more viable as a sort of counter-comp, but this hurts Orisa too much. The Halt change was warranted and was the main nerf I was wanting for her. But her damage and Fortify didn’t need to be touched imo.

And with McCree, I mostly just don’t like it because it makes him even more of a counter for Pharah since he’ll eat another rocket before going down. And Pharah just needs some love. The only people I see playing Pharah and actually doing good with her are the people who have mained or one-tricked her long enough to know how to play around her counters. And she has so many counters that I’d argue she has one of, if not the highest skill floor because you need to learn to play around them to get value out of her since running into them is basically guaranteed. At this point, you could probably make an entire team built around countering Pharah. And since the only people who can pull her off are people that have played her for so long that they learned to play around all the hitscan around, it makes her really unappealing to just pick up because you’re bound to run into one, two, maybe three hitscan.

So I guess that’s my main complaint about his health buff. It’s not so much about McCree himself, but more the impact it’ll have on Pharah.