My thoughts on the PTR balance changes:

Baptiste

• Biotic Launcher
    • Increased heal ammo from 10 to 12.
  • Amplification Matrix
    • Ultimate duration increased from 8 seconds to 10 seconds

I mostly just reload a lot on Baptiste out of habit and because its a satisfying animation. I’m sure this while come in handy though.

I like the way Amp Matrix was buffed: increasing the size wouldn’t fix that you can toss it out, but get no follow though because Damage Orb and Firestrike are recharging. More time solves both and gives me more time to shoot for myself.

McCree

• Peacekeeper
    • Primary fire recovery reduced from 0.5 seconds to 0.4 seconds

Good, McCree is underpowered and its starting to get on my nerves when one is on my team. This should help, but in no way seems unfair. At least not yet.

Orisa

• Protective Barrier
    • Barrier can be deployed without interrupting reload.

Yeah I know she’s meta but this is just a QoL change and it’s been long requested and makes sense.

Hopefully this makes clutch teleportation plays more reliable.

It’s not that the Rivet Gun isn’t strong, it really is, but this change seems unnecessary all the same. I don’t understand how heroes like Hanzo can get buffs but Torb needs a nerf now? For real? Does he really?

So like the last DM nerf, this one is aimed at making this ability more fair at higher level play. I don’t know how fair this is for lower ranked D.va players, but I do suspect that these changes might partially be prompted by her being percieved as too stiff of a competitor for future off-tank additions.

Overall, I like these changes, although I’m a bit disappointed that it’s a somewhat modest balance patch given that too updates have gone by without balance changes.

I especially hope that the efforts to smooth out the effectiveness of certain heroes across tiers (Junkrat, Moira, Reaper, Hanzo, Widowmaker, etc) continues.

4 Likes

Don’t forget that more balance changes are likely within the week

1 Like

Maybe. That would be fantastic but i see no more reason to expect that than to expect the ptr Torb nerf to magically disappear.

Trust me, it hurts to pick McCree knowing I’ll be better on him than on Ashe, Widow or Hanzo but truly knowing I’d be able to do more for my team on pretty much anyone else.

1 Like

What makes you say that?

Two nights after baptiste came to PTR there was a second set of large patch notes, same thing happened with the workshop