My thoughts on Mercy

What game are you playing where your team isn’t in battle for a majority of the game unless you have just completed a wipe of the enemy and are waiting for them to come back?

This game is about team fights and a support SHOULD HAVE AN IMPACT DURING TEAM FIGHTS. She is a single target healer, she has no choice but to pocket people. Moira has greater heals per second and can affect an entire team if she wants and this in a team fight would have a greater impact than Mercy in all ways and you are telling me that in a game about team fights you want to make her even more useless. 60 hp/s is what she needs to have a relevant impact in supporting her team.

It may not be my fault that the Moira almost won but that is still a 2v1 that the lowest dps dealer in the game would have won against what is supposed to be a MAIN SINGLE TARGET HEALER. In no circumstance should a character being assisted by a Mercy lose to the lowest DPS dealer in the game realistically.

If I am assisting a Soldier against another Soldier, the odds should be in my favour. If their Soldier has better aim and was more skillful then he could easily (with the old 60hp/s) burst my target down. There were many situations on the old healing that I did not make it to save my target or managed to get on to them but they were bursted down. Mercy has consistency but she could never save someone from a burst of damage. 60hp/s did not make any target invulnerable. It did nothing more than make someone A BIT harder to kill, a team focusing a target did nothing to save my heal target. In fact, many times people would have to come to me and hide in cover to actually get healed up otherwise they would risk dying anyway. So essentially what I am understanding from everything that you are saying, is that a character who gives up dealing their own damage unless they needed desperately to defend themselves is not allowed to have any sort of impact in team fights and in saving the team, she just needs to be some pretty looking cheerleader while the rest of the team works at what at that point is a 5v6. At that point I may as well be Sombra and hack the nearest health kit because my team is going to need healing more often then I can provide. If you are saying Mercy should only heal people who are not fighting, she would literally have to stand in hiding and be a pretty health kit. May as well delete her at that point and move Sombra into support.

Sorry, but what you are saying makes no sense in a game that focuses on fighting. Supports are supposed to be crucial to your teams survival in a fight, this lower healing Mercy, is not and feels unpresent during a team fight except for a rez which unless they are in a safe spot to rez, you aren’t going to risk it anyway.

Excelling at healing outside of fights in a game focused on fighting, is not excelling at all. It is being useless to your team.