My thoughts on Mercy

Well, there is nothing we can do about it, I gave up long ago because feedback is completely ignored. The rework was a complete success after all, right?
Just wait 2 months and the next nerf will come, my bet goes on guardian angel and self regeneration.

4 Likes

Let me stop you right there.

In sniper meta the only reason Mercy is used at high competitive is for the ability to revive. Otherwise everyone would be using Moira or Lucio.

The ability to revive Zenyatta, Zarya or Hanzo to be able to pull off/survive the dragon + grav combo is key to the meta.

So yes, removing the ability to revive would see her use plummet among players that don’t main her.

She used to be valued for her ability to damage boost dragons, but she can’t anymore, so there’s that.

1 Like

I’ve made my opinion before, and yet it goes silenced.

1 Like

Did you miss the part where I added a clause to that statement by saying no one wanted it on a free 30 second cooldown? Believe me, I love resurrect and would be sad if it were removed from the game. But in all honesty that whole “revive a key player” only works if you’re fighting against enemies that are stupid enough to let you revive them past a choke which unless you’re in gold or below happens much more rarely than you think.

Mercy will always be unbalanced when she has an ultimate on cooldown and what is now basically a Lúcio Amp it Up as an ultimate I feel.

Prior to her rework I was not only getting the same amount of healing, I was able to revive upwards of 20 people a game if I used it almost when I got it. Personally, I never pick Mercy (and I think a lot of people who main Mercy can agree, but again this is just my opinion) for the Rez, but rather the healing and the ability to keep my team up reliably. This 17% healing reduction pushes her past the point of reliably doing that. The developers are nerfing her base kit (what keeps people up) and not buffing what she needs to be able to make up for her now subpar healing which would be resurrect (which… no one wants buffed let’s be real)

I’m not really looking to go back and forth, but rather just stating my opinion on the whole thing.

At this point… they need to make Rez earn-able…

2 Likes

I whole heartedly agree.

This nerf is so bad even Lúcio is getting Sound barrier faster than Mercy is getting Valk.

1 Like

There wasn’t a reason for this post. The devs don’t care about our opinion. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Ya know, there wasn’t much of a constructive reason to post that either but you did it anyway

1 Like

That’s the thing. They are willing to nerf everything about her just to prove that rez on E is balanced. In 4 months I expect to see a nerf to damage boost or guardian angel, but rez isnt the issue so let’s not touch that :angry:

Last part was sarcasm

I hate that you’re probably right. Let’s hope you’re wrong and they realize that her healing wasn’t the issue, and Rez on Cooldown is. It baffles me that blizzard is run by such children ;;-;;

Well time for me to go Battle Mercy

1 Like

It’s sad how stubbornly and childishly they are determined to push that “this rework was a success” when literally everything is pointing to the opposite.

This. 100% this.

2 Likes

it’s actually not (I did some basic calculation)

If you’re a high ranked Mercy you’d usually heal around 20k a match with 60/hps.
if you’re healing 50hps (while the exact time of how many seconds you’ve been healing around the match stays the same) you would do at the end of the math over 16,500 healing. that’s plenty.

If you’re an average mercy (like myself) you do around 15k healing a match with 60/hps.
with 50/hps you’d do 12,250 healing, still a LOT for a main healer.

with that i agree

Yes, please join the developer team.

I am only a gold Mercy and in competitive I was getting easily 18-21K healing per match, even going so far as to get 22-23K on occasion. It was very rare that I would ever heal less than that and usually I was at least getting 30% or more team damage taken. Now I can’t even reach that amount on Mercy but I can easily do so with Moira, in fact I can do greater at healing with Moira, hitting 30-34% with ease. Mercy can now no longer serve her main purpose in the sense that a support is supposed to help you survive so you can come out on top and she can barely sustain a team anymore. Like, even on 60 it was never enough to help someone survive stupid encounters but it was enough that my Soldier was healing more than a Moira could damage him but instead today that was a stalemate. That is a joke, because that would have been a 2v1 that Moira stood a chance at winning had she thrown out a damage orb.

no healer should be able to delete damage off their teammate so they’re almost invincible to kill - mercy got lower healing output because of that. the consistent 60/hps along with the rest of her kit (not just rez.) was too strong. yes ana and moira both do more hps, but they have ammo they need to reload/charge and each of them has their own limitations (LoS, barriers, aiming at the target, etc.), meaning they can’t “pocket” teammates as they’ll run out of ammo very fast.

it’s completely fine that other supports can outheal mercy

and should’ve been the case ever since the rework came out

you still heal a LOT as mercy, with over 16k healing (and for you it might stand for even higher than 18k). that’s a fair amount of healing and along with the rest of her kit she’s fine and isn’t underpowered.

You think it is fine that at this new healing rate, the lowest DPS (Moira’s Right Click) should be at a stalemate with someone who sacrifices independence and dealing damage on her own to support another player?
Did you miss the part where I said that my Soldier nearly lost an encounter to a Moira, simply because the damage between the right click and my healing was a stalemate and had she thrown a damage orb, my Soldier would have been dead. Sure, clearly my Soldier should have been able to easily handle a Moira on his own and perhaps needs more practice, but that is still a 2v1 that two people SHOULD COME OUT ON TOP. And in the case of one DPS with Mercy versing two DPS, that should feel like a 2v2, it should feel like Mercy is having an impact on that fight so long as her DPS plays well enough to make up for the lack of firepower and Mercy plays it well enough to bring her DPS out on top. I should not feel like a useless member of the team. 50hp/s is not enough, hence why it was buffed in the first place.

as i said before. mercy should not be able to delete damage taken by teammates because if she could, it would be unfair to the other main healers. Yes moira and ana have higher hps but (as i said before) they aren’t consistent and are limited by ammunition thus can’t keep up their teammates healed all the time.

the fact that your pocketed soldier almost lost to a moira is really not your fault as a player nor is it the mercy nerf’s fault. the moira chose to throw the damage orb but that means she had to relay on the 30/hps self-healing she gets from her decay beam, and if your solider couldn’t top that in damage (while i assume you damage boosted him for at least a few seconds) he is the problem.

like the solider could have used his biotic field and you could have pulled out your pistol and the moira would have fled/died but that’s really not the point

yes, 50/hps isn’t enough to sustain a teammate in a battle like previous mercy could, BUT maybe that means the usage of mercy needs to change. maybe she’s not good at just pocketing people (thus making them VERY hard to kill) anymore. maybe she’ll excel at healing teammates that aren’t directly in battle and be less efficient in-battle situations which is fine. (as i already said she has consistent ammo-free healing + resurrect)

maybe this change will finally bring the support category to a fair line where each of them excels in their own situation

p.s you’re lucky it was a moira and not a brigitte lol

What game are you playing where your team isn’t in battle for a majority of the game unless you have just completed a wipe of the enemy and are waiting for them to come back?

This game is about team fights and a support SHOULD HAVE AN IMPACT DURING TEAM FIGHTS. She is a single target healer, she has no choice but to pocket people. Moira has greater heals per second and can affect an entire team if she wants and this in a team fight would have a greater impact than Mercy in all ways and you are telling me that in a game about team fights you want to make her even more useless. 60 hp/s is what she needs to have a relevant impact in supporting her team.

It may not be my fault that the Moira almost won but that is still a 2v1 that the lowest dps dealer in the game would have won against what is supposed to be a MAIN SINGLE TARGET HEALER. In no circumstance should a character being assisted by a Mercy lose to the lowest DPS dealer in the game realistically.

If I am assisting a Soldier against another Soldier, the odds should be in my favour. If their Soldier has better aim and was more skillful then he could easily (with the old 60hp/s) burst my target down. There were many situations on the old healing that I did not make it to save my target or managed to get on to them but they were bursted down. Mercy has consistency but she could never save someone from a burst of damage. 60hp/s did not make any target invulnerable. It did nothing more than make someone A BIT harder to kill, a team focusing a target did nothing to save my heal target. In fact, many times people would have to come to me and hide in cover to actually get healed up otherwise they would risk dying anyway. So essentially what I am understanding from everything that you are saying, is that a character who gives up dealing their own damage unless they needed desperately to defend themselves is not allowed to have any sort of impact in team fights and in saving the team, she just needs to be some pretty looking cheerleader while the rest of the team works at what at that point is a 5v6. At that point I may as well be Sombra and hack the nearest health kit because my team is going to need healing more often then I can provide. If you are saying Mercy should only heal people who are not fighting, she would literally have to stand in hiding and be a pretty health kit. May as well delete her at that point and move Sombra into support.

Sorry, but what you are saying makes no sense in a game that focuses on fighting. Supports are supposed to be crucial to your teams survival in a fight, this lower healing Mercy, is not and feels unpresent during a team fight except for a rez which unless they are in a safe spot to rez, you aren’t going to risk it anyway.

Excelling at healing outside of fights in a game focused on fighting, is not excelling at all. It is being useless to your team.