My save-support role patch

I actually think these changes are decent. Anyone who thinks “Support is fine” doesn’t understand why the queue times for support are less than 60 seconds; Its the LEAST desired role to play because of their survivability & the lack of fun.

Tired of getting one shot by Soujourn & 2 shurikens + a dash with Genji. Don’t even get me started on how I know a dead eye, tactical visor or rip tire are 99.7% going to solo ult me.

Edit: typo

Give it a few weeks after Ramattra comes out when people are screaming their heads off about Tank queue times, and heavily lopsided matchmaking.

Take however bad it is now, then double it.

Also it’s not going to help that Ramattra’s Ult is basically a “Go kill Support players” Ult.

1 Like

I haven’t got the chance to see his ult, however I’m not surprised. Just gonna go ahead and toss it into the box with everyone else I just named.

More death for Support,

YAY

/s

Sombra, Genji, D.va and Zarya are all getting nerfs. The only other oppressive tank is Winston but that sorta is the one thing Winston is good at. Everyone knows Sojourn is OP but they are planning to do something with her.

I main Zen and so flankers are literally my worst nightmare but I don’t think he or any supports need any buffs atm. The broken flankers need nerfs, and are getting them, same with tanks.

Ana becomes a better sniper than Ashe, and Bap becomes a better Soldier 76… And Mercy gets explosives? I DO kind of like the idea of Mercy being able to use the gun on right click instead of damage boost though.

I kinda like this idea better, where it’s a “Stance Switch”

🕊[Mercy] TwoHanded Blaster & Staff

Where switching to her Blaster gives her Blaster+Heal.
And switching back gives her Boost+Heal.

1 Like

They need to be bold in changing supports and be risky too. Try risky stuff out. You need to make Supports fun and enticing to play and right now they just aren’t.

If they want this game to have any sort of real longevity then support queues need to be sorted. They’ve got to be.

weird choice. rather have higher damage since recoil really isnt hard to control. this is a nerf

:joy_cat:

actual useless character with those changes. moira doesn’t need nerfs. if anything, she needs a rework.

1 Like

I would change zen discord orb to it still apply the 20% more dmg but if torget is on 10-15m from zen the discord gets another ability activated, the discord orb drains live from discorded torget 5hp/1s.

This is a pretty bad take, simply because DPS always where the most popular role that got the most attention and visually strongest designs. That has nothing exclusively to do with their impact ingame or how strong/weak they are. Sometimes not even with the playstyle.

Just compare the heroes the DPS roster had with the ones Support (or tanks) have:

1. Cyborg Ninja - Sniper Granny - Shield (now spear) cow
  2. Literal Grim Reaper with shotguns - DJ with Soundblaster - mad, barefoot scientist
  3. Time warping jetfighter pilot with dual machine guns - slender, mad biologist- Harambe with taser

These are just some examples. Truth is, Damage naturally got not only more but also overall more ‘cool’ and less ‘meme’ characters. There are exceptions ofc, like Mercy as Guardian Angel or Robo Monk that pounds ppl with metal orbs, but I thimk you get the idea that the majority of ppl simply see Damage heroes as more interesting by character design alone.

Damage boost is the only real viable thing on Mercy though and also basically what makes her stand apart from other supports in utility though, beside the rez what is on a loooong cooldown

You have some… interesting ideas for buffs. I dont want to get into all of them, but I will say

The recoil isnt that big of a deal, and his base damage is currently 25, not 24. I would not choose a ~12% damage nerf just to get rid of the little recoil present.

Also, I have to ask

…why the nerf to beat by not letting you use it in flux?

1 Like

I don’t know, I think she’s okay otherwise. Boost is MOSTLY only good on an ult that allows it, or on Hog’s hook to make it kill confirm. Most of the time, you’re better healing than boosting IMO. Then again, I’m a terrible support, so my views on it are PROBABLY not the most solidly understood ways to make supports work.

i never read patch notes imagined by one person

I figure anything that they they could add that would make Supports more fun, outside of adding new heroes, Would be a buff. (I.e. Zen Kick)

And I don’t particularly care about people who act like it’s important to balance Supports like it’s still 6v6 Open Queue, and not 5v5 Role Queue.

There’s no gameplay mechanic reason why it’s important for Supports to not have more overall value than DPS.

I don’t agree with all of these buffs, but supports are clearly NOT fine.

If they were, queues wouldn’t be what they are right now.

We’re at the point where you could sell your services as a support main to get tank streamers into games faster (like how WoW tanks used to sell their tanking services).

My save-supports patch:

6v6

Do you really trust Blizzard to make a bunch of changes to supports?

I would rather just not have this. Also he does 25 damage not 24.

The exception for sleep is somehow the most ridiculous thing here to me.

Ana and Zen main here providing my input.

ANA:

I think the self Nano is a novel idea. I’m not against it.

Biotic Rifle shouldn’t Crit. It’s fine in its current state.

Scope movement speed doesn’t need adjusting. We have quick scope tech.

I’m not convinced sleep needs a buff, or a nerf for that matter. Even with Kiriko and Hog in play, I think it’s fine.

I think the meta is just making Ana look a bit more frail than she really is. She’s still very strong and fun IMO.

BAPT. - i think Bapt is fine. His burst heals, and his damage are both really nice. The boost charge is a quick enough pace. I think recoil for him is necessary.

BRIG. - I’m all for the shield buff. Whipshot seems interesting and cool. You could make some nasty environmentals happen. I feel like that would turn it into hard CC.

KIRIKO. - I agree with a nerf to Rush.

Kiriko should have a double jump or leap like her “cousins”. Everything else seems fine.

LUCIO. - I agree with the Lucio segment, but I feel the Sigma interaction was fully intended.

MERCY. - She needs a rework. I don’t think clicking heads is needed. But something to provide agency for sure.

MOIRA. - I think she’s fine as is.

ZEN. - I’m fine with the suggested changes you propose.

Bring Discord down to 15% and maybe consider giving him back that extra 25 to his health. Though I don’t really think it’s needed.