My PC is underperforming

So i just got a brand new CPU a Ryzen 7 2700x, and I run a GTX 980. I have seen people that with 970’s run the game at ultra with 120+ fps. My setup for some reason doesn’t go over 71 FPS and i even get lows under 60. I checked and my GPU and CPU are on a perfectly fine condition and they aren’t underperforming on benchmarks at all. I’m running ultra settings, not even epic. Any advise or does anyone knows why this is happening?

What monitor do you have? If the monitor cant handle the frames it will make it look like its your pc when in reality your pc can take it.

On what resolution do you play with? And check out how much does it set your render scale when you set on Ultra settings, above 100% it really isn’t neccery.

Oh and make sure you are playing on “fullscreen” mode and not “windowed” mode or “full screen windowed” mode, sometimes it’s making a huge difference.

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

• Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
  • In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
  • There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

2 Likes

Are you running the render scale higher than 100%? if so change it back to 100% you don’t need any higher

1 Like

Im running 150x i think. It’s because that’s what the nvidia app says

make sure youre turning off Vsync and Gsync, they limit frames arbitrarily.

^
also this, my renderscale sets itselt to 141% all the time.

Im using a vg245 now that is capped at 75hz. But even if fps over 75 wouldnt make a difference. It should at lease show it.

Your render scale is too high, you’re basically rendering the game at a much higher resolution. Set it to 100%.

turn off v-symc maybe?

Well I gave you your answer that you needed and you just completely disregarded it because “Nvidia app says so”

Not sure why you’re messaging us on the forums, just go ask Nvidia :smiling_imp:

I went in game and did the EXACT same settings as you Epic with 150% and I have a RTX2070 and I get 125ish FPS, I changed the render scale from 150% to 100% and my FPS went immediately up to 235

So there is no way you’re gonna get anywhere near 125 FPS on Epic and 150% render scale on an older system.

Usually I play on low though cause that’s what I prefer :smiling_imp:

DSR

What’s your ingame res & renderscale?

Drop your graphic setting to low.
Make sure your drivers are all up to date.

You don’t really need over 70. The eye can only see up to 30 fps, notices difference in graphics at 1-60 fps. The only reason it really matters to go higher is to run the game smoother, brag to your friends, and please yourself with a high FPS computer.

I thought the eyes can see only up to 15fps tho

From old forums.

And this might interest you as well.

No it’s 30 fps.