My OW2 Concerns

Honeslty, agree with pretty much all of these, my takes tho

I know most hate 2cp, i myself was meh on it and i learned to like it, but yeah removing a game mode isnt that good especially when we already have content problems in OW1.

Ideally the 2cp maps are repurposed into something else so strategies and the maps themselves arent entirely lost.

Fair, people already complained about Orisa being a mix of other kits all the way back and bloated kits are a problem, that being said, no new heroes in general wouldnt also really be well recieved.

This, i love PVE but there is only so much before it get repetitive, and this is coming from someone that queues for Uprising/Retribution all day during archives. The skill trees would need to be incredibly varied and even then enemy variety is even more important imo. I think enemy variety is one of the main reasons why Storm Rising is just not as liked as the other 2.

Tbh, i have little hope in blizzard so this one is already lost, that being said, hasnt the Battle pass system worked fairly well in other games? not much of a pvp guy but from what i´ve seen its an ok method which could be implemented here.

I´ll be honest, with the direction OW2 is going it will most likley attrac the people that buy the new shiny shooter and then leave to play the newer shiny shooter. Those who stay will stay because the game appeals to them but, since OW2 seems to be a more aggressive focused game compared to OW1… well… i dont know what kind of community it could end up as.

Laughs in console

I’m being very hesitant about purchasing on release but I’m hoping either:
a) the beta is palpable and shows the commitments we’ve been needing to see from the dev team. (Spoiler we haven’t yet)
Or
B) kotick and whoever is in charge of public relations is fired . Because this person getting in the way of telling us anything substantial is killing off the community faster than kotick can.

1 Like

I completely agree. That’s one of many reasons I don’t have high hopes for OW2 when it comes to the PVP content. If we’re being honest, the “brand-new” Push mode is just some sort of different payload mode and 2CP was the only consistent 6 VS 6 mode (except for “Control” maps that became too short since the best-of-three format) where it wasn’t required to afk on a given point (“Payload”) for quite some time in order to win.

I’ve never liked it when you lose pace during a match, that’s why I would have chosen to remove the “Payload” mode instead, If I ever had to scrap something off the game (but I still think removing content is bad, no matter the mode in question).

5 VS 5 is an extension of all the hero combinations we’ve already lost since 2 - 2 -2 (which means less content too ever since they took that decision) and needless to say it’s bloody awful, as far as diversity in PVP is concerned.

Adding new heroes will partly make up for what I’ve considered a big mistake (aka “Role Queue”) but I still feel like it will lack diversity because of “Role Queue” combined with losing one player per team in PVP.

I also fear all the PVE content may suffer the lack of content you’re implying but PVE is actually the part I’m most excited about and I know the quality will be there (Quality > Quantity).

Tu sump it up, PVP on OW2 is a big “meh” to me whereas PVE is a big “yay” when it comes to my expectations :slight_smile: !

I know I won’t have to pay anything to get access to PVP on OW2 but I don’t feel like the updates will have the potential to bring me back to playing Competitive as much as I did from 2016 to 2018. The community did a lot of damage to it for years and the internal Blizzard issues didn’t help either.

Can’t wait for the “Legendary difficulty” challenges in PVE, though. I’ve always loved getting PVE achievements (on many different games).

Thanks for sharing your points. I feel like most of us, OW players, can relate to them.

I was prepared to tell you that balance is an impossible feat, to begin with, and that matchmaking has been a “problem” forever but it seems these were not your concerns. If anything I agree mostly with all of your concerns listed. PVE is hard to mess up though really, those who like that style of play will play it regardless I would think. Most of the new community that joins will exclusively play PVE as well.

2CP being removed is strange to me. I dislike most of the maps in that mode but not the mode itself. I think the reason 2CP doesn’t work is simply because of how much hero variety/compositions can exist and be run on a 2CP map. The reason this mode works in other games is that the other games don’t have 32(+ when OW2 is here) heroes that all do wildly different things to shake the outcome of the map/mode. I’d like to see them revisit this mode one day whenever or if there is ever a time to do so.

New heroes are always problematic to me. Out of all the new heroes added I only enjoy Echo, Ashe, Sombra, and Ana. No new tanks added have done anything to the role that made me want to play tanks. Everything else has been very hit or miss. Going forward I’d hope they can be overly creative with new heroes and less bloating to avoid ability overlap really. A lot of the current problems are like you said, double shield, double sniper etc. We need unique additions to shake things up. OW has been regarded as this strange hybrid fps/moba style game. While we should lean towards fps elements we should also lean towards moba elements just as much to keep the game fresh but also hopefully to avoid things like double shield etc.

why do you use so many dots in between each word

Cause I picked up some bad habits writing stuff online….

2 Likes

oh no…now it makes everything you write…sound… mysterious… :ghost: what are you planning

1 Like

Something…something….something….dark side…

1 Like

I’m…frightened

1 Like