My internet is bad and got dc like 5 times what ban time is this

I got dc like 5 times while playing with full lobby i always joined back but got 4 bans out of 5 dcs what to do and how long is this ban?

Fix internet? if you got ban it means you was gone for 2 minutes you deserve it … dont play comp simple

3 Likes

i was full team with my friends they know that this happens and dont mind im not a scumbag like that

1 Like

I domt think ppls deserve a ban for there internet

same here, they should be allowed to queue up with spotty internet and ruin as many games as they want to, why would anyone object to that?

6 Likes

If there is no ban time listed, it is a season ban. Use all your new found time to fix your internet.

See https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/how-competitive-matchmaking-and-rating-works-season-19 → Leaver penalty for details.

5 Likes

You are not the only one affected by your internet.

If multiple DCs are not enough to tell you “i shouldn’t be queuing for competitive mode,” the game will take care of that for you.

No indication of time with a ban means it is for the rest of the season.

Multiple season bans of this nature result in a permanent ban from competitive mode.

TL;DR - Address your internet issues or don’t queue for comp, otherwise you will no longer be able to.

4 Likes

Even if your whole team doesnt care, there is still another team and a few people still play the game for fun and not just sr.
Giving them a free win just means you wasted their time.

2 Likes

If your internet is bad why do you play comp?

1 Like

Such a lack of self awareness.

1 Like

Well obvioisly if they dont rejoin punish them but if they rejoin they shouldnt be punished as badly

You get a ban for losing 25 of my SR and the rest of your teams do it 5x and you get perma for the season have fun

No because if you rejoin 2 minutes later the damage is already done so what if you join and we lose or somehow win because the other 5 players somehow held while you was gone its the leavers fault and he should be ban.

1 Like

Okay think logicly if someone is banned because they joined and tried there best but dc’d then rejoined 120secounds later i agree they should be punished but not banned perminatly because your teamates lost 20sr

If it happens once you dont get banned perma but if you do it 5+ times you do what is the problem? you think logically

Or better you should be put into lobbys with other people who leave games see how much you enjoy that haha

The problem is if someones internet fails lets say the providers has a bad connection issue and its random blizard should either make the bad or punishment bit less if it detects a disconnect rather than a leaver but they cant so all im trying to do is make it so ppl understand if internet fails not to blame the one who left if they rejoined

i dont blame people if they DC one time and im sure no1 does … but if you do it often blizzard can see that and perma ban you like what are you getting at? just get a better internet why should i who paid for this game have to have my game time ruined because of others peoples net problems when they can just go play quickplay?

5x in one season is not random you know its a problem by the 2nd time dont play comp i used to have really bad internet and i DC 2 times i didnt complain when i got punished for it …

U just described a pay to win game you either pay for better internet or you cant rank up like you said everyone bought this game with there money they should be able to play whatever mode they want without ppl saying go play qp if u dont pay for good providers

WHAT THE??? PAY TO WIN ??? AND NO YOU CANT IF YOU BREAK THE TERMS OF SERVICE THAT YOU SIGN UP FOR WHEN PLAYING COMP YOU CAN BE PUNISHED.

Its against the rules to leave comp games what are you on? You dont pay to win you pay to play like all of blizzard games the game legit says you need a stable internet connection to play???