My god they actually buffed sombra

For anyone who doesn’t know, on the ptr when sombra hacks sigma his barrier is destroyed instead of staying up as if nothing happened. Pretty big buff/nerf to sombra and sigma

Also

I can’t heal through stupid ~WildPants

15 Likes

wait, so hack puts his barrier away or does it actually put it to 0 hp?

2 Likes

It’s a very specific buff … not what she needs, but i am so desperate right now i take what ever i get :sob:

28 Likes

Should work against Orisa as well, imo.

7 Likes

She needs it. I dunno if destroying his barrier is the right move, but would rather see him be unable to alter it for the duration of hack. So if it’s somewhere he can’t move it, or cannot cast it if it’s recalled. Either way, regardless of what I want, it’s gonna go the way it is on PTR. Good for Sombra, coming from a Doomfist player.

3 Likes

As I’m a console pleb i wouldn’t know. If a pc player could answer i would appreciate it

I can’t heal through stupid ~WildPants

1 Like

It does the same thing to Rein when she hacks him so this isn’t really a huge deal. It should of been like this on release of Creepy Music humming dirty old Man Sigma

3 Likes

Source? I haven’t seen a patch for PTR but wouldn’t be the first time I miss one.

Anyways, it’s a lazy buff/change.

One hero interaction different from everything else that will force one hero counters is just lazy

Forum Moderator Note: Inflammatory comment removed.

1 Like

I’ll bet it’s a bug and will be reverted :disappointed:

Apparently it wasn’t included in the patch notes and people have only just now noticed it.

It really astounds me as to how they can fail to provide accurate changelogs on the server that literally only exists to test the changes they make.

Back On-Topic: Sigma’s probably a little overtuned and god knows Sombra needs something, but I don’t like this change. It feels too specific and isn’t consistent with how Hack works with every other deployable.

8 Likes

Scratch that! Yay! It’s a start!

Team Sombra!

2 Likes

nope, confirmed change

it’s not really a huge buff tbh but hey anything that helps I guess

1 Like

it’s a great change but it puts some inconsistencies to hack

To that ability? NEVER D:

Does Sigma barrier stay up after he dies?

No it’s just how it interacts with infinitly set upable things I:E syms tele/torbs turret it’s just got me wondering

No, because his barrier is not the same as Winston’s nor Orisa’s barrier, despite what the majority of the forums seem to think.

6 Likes

I know right. Rules are out of the door for Sombra. Everything is fair game with the developers. I’ll take the buff, but where’s the logic here?

2 Likes

Remember everyone crying about double barrier, before spamming that sombra is broken

2 Likes