My game can only go up to 47-50 FPS after installing recent update

Hi!

As the title says, I can now only reach about 47-48 ever since I installed the latest update containing the Winter Wonderland 2018 event. The first couple of hours I had no problem with the game at all. But now just recently when I wanted to play some Yeti Hunter I found out that I can’t even reach 50 FPS in game!

I really want to be able to play the game properly since my PC is more than powerful enough, especially now during the Winter Wonderland event. Hopefully someone is able to help me!

Here is a screenshot of my performance settings and how much FPS I have in the game imgur. com/8xNnoh0

//NORDIC

If Win7 you are screwed, just wait for Blizz to fix their code.
If Win10 here is a workaround how to get the game running normally;
Start menu-> Control Panel-> Hardware and Sound-> Sound-> Right click your playback device-> Properties-> Spatial Sound. Turn it ON.
Launch Overwatch, your fps is back to normal.
Here is the original post of the fix; Fix for FPS issue after patch-related to "spatial sound"

1 Like

I have Win 10. I’ll check the workaround and see if it helps me. Thanks!

Yush, remember that you can disable it after you launch the game. The sounds are really really bad if you leave it on. You only need to launch the game Spatial’s enabled to get normal fps.

1 Like

IT WORKED! Thank you very much! Hopefully Blizz can fix this soon :wink: :wink: