My friend has not gained sr in 4 matches we won

So been playing Overwatch with a friend we’ve been on a streak and my sr has been climbing steadily, his however has not gone up a single point in the last 4 matches we’ve played. Why do they count for me and not for him? Also his win counter is not going up.

EDIT: Replay Codes- (022NS8, 7Y154G, 2F9EET, MZ1EVG)

1 Like

I am the friend, and I can confirm this. My SR, at time of posting, is 2394. Between matches, I checked my SR again after winning and it hasn’t increased.

1 Like

Whoa and they said elo hell wasn’t real.

2 Likes

I’ve not really heard of it as ELO-Hell, but I can definitely see that it exists now. It has made me extremely mad, to put it nicely.

1 Like

I’ve heard legend of a bug and technical support forum where you can post these sorts of questions and get an appropriate response.

First you must travel to the overwatch forum homepage from there you must travel downward past the story discussion and workshop discussion forums.

Only then will the hidden support forum be revealed.

Best of luck on your adventure.

5 Likes

Oh trust me. Me and a another player have made a post about it already.

Nice my bad for not noticing. I rarely travel south of the competitive forum. They don’t treat trolls very well down there.

5 Likes

two factors will also affect your friend’s sr gains.

I don’t think he will get many points if he is just stomping players way below his current mmr/sr as he is already expected to win. this reduces gains a lot. I remember having to win 4 games to make up for 1 loss when playing with a friend at 1000 sr gap before.

if he underperforms/gets carried, I would expect his gains to be lower. But without knowing the exact situation it’s hard to judge what is happening.

Also, I would expect him to still gain some small number of token points even if these other factors were playinga role

2 Likes

I didn’t exactly stomp anyone that far below me. I was queueing for platnium games as a gold. I think our team rating was something like 2530? The enemy was also plat to high gold. The lowest we played against was my rank. I wouldn’t say I was carried either. I was tanking, but I thought they took stats like damaged blocked (for tanks) and healing (for support) into account when they did SR.

His wins aren’t being counted at all tho he’s been at 26 wins for 5 wins now. We’re plat and most of our matches we had the lower sr team.

I wanted to update here, since this one has more views, My SR hasn’t gone down either.

4 win and no sr gain ? You have any proof ?

4 wins without sr gain? That is very hard to believe without evidence. I would guess it on human error. You were doing placements, qp by mistakes, didnt check updated profile or something like that.

Can you actualy record your sr gain/loss next time? With OBS for example.

I mean, you both can check my rank (literally when you see this) and the replay codes are there.

I posted the match codes in a thread

In order to gain sr you must GET GUD.

i have the recording how do i get it to you?

Oh really? Thats amazing, you can post link here. Or on our discord?

discord.gg/tUCspvw

i joined the discord, where should i post the video?

1 Like

This bug is still reproducable.

Just won a bronze match with 55 kills and 3 deaths, 23k dmg, and all of the win conditions. Gained 8sr. Did almost the same thing next match but did gain +24sr that time. I relogged after the match and the same thing happened again. I went into the next match rated 610 and the match was hosted at 980 or something. A joke +5sr gain for deadlifting my whole team in a match much higher rated - shouldn’t the matchmaker be trying to move me up?

How rigged is this bin.