My first post hi everyone

hi again i have i5 2500k 8gb ram gtx1060 6gb ssc 144hz a newly installed windows 10 on ssd with Overwatch and all my video settings are mostly on low, everytime i play Overwatch for couple hours straight my VRM go 1000(usually 500) and fps stays under 100 and i cant hit anyone lol … what do i do??

There is various possibilities to slow performance consider checking this official support guide first if you have not already:

I also maintain a guide with advanced tips and tricks that may be worth looking at as well:

4 Likes

Are u sure youre not playing on ultra?? Ultra graphics at 144hz is too much to ask from a 1060. I have the same gpu as you and i play on low.

Its also less distracting not to have all the special effects, especially dynamic reflections and all the physics/explosions which frankly blinds me sometimes. MED-LOW graphics is the way to go.

Do you have reduce buffering enabled?

This is a reply pertaining to the post name:

As for your actual post; I have no clue. Wyoming did a good job explainin’ some options. :smiley:

My temporary solution would be to lower the resolution size.
My preferred resolution is 16:9.
Options are:

• 1920×1080 (requires pretty high-end hardware)
  • 1600×900 (What I’m using on my desktop)
  • 1366×768
  • 1280×720 (What I’m using on my laptop)

The lower a resolution gets, the grainier everything looks and you’ll see less expressions on characters.
You’re basically making the game’s window size smaller, but just zooming/stretching it to fit your screen (fullscreened).

Try playing on a lower res for now and check your task manager if the game still drops fps.

It may be becuz your GPU is over-working.
or
some other app is eating it up.

sorry for the late reply, now i came here for help after trying everything on the internet/google so everything is on low though i still had reduce buffering off lol now its on haven’t played a game yet , as for resolution my 144hz is 2560-1080 34 ultrawide curve so i always played it on 1920-1080 16:9 easier to follow up… i did a fresh windows install then Overwatch i tried changing my resolution to 1920-1080 but it goes wide screen and when i select 2560-1080 it makes smaller how 1920 use to be, after changing fullscreen to boarderless window it goes vice versa idk if i had boarderless selected before or what, i run Razer game booster to free up extra ram or what not because windows 10 task manager has long list of .exe oh and my SIM 6.4 6.4 and last ms stays within 10 to 20 but i remember even last ms was staying under 10 when i ran with GameBoost which helps with internet lag or fast servers but it costs money so i wont be using it anymore

If it goes into borderless just use alt + enter to force full screen. And make sure your framerate cap is set to custom with a value of 300.

Add only 1080p, I feel like you should be hitting well over 100 FPS with that GPU however your CPU may be a bottleneck.

is it not best to keep it around the monitors hz

Wellcome to forums!!

1 Like

so i just played few game now with reduce buffer on and i selected 165fps now game does feel bit smoother but still most fights fps drops below 100

I actually prefer having prettier graphics, but after getting used to 100+ fps, if I start to dip to 50 fps I feel like throwing my PC out a window, so I’ve gotten used to playing on low. Playing on a 970 myself.