🆒 My definitive buff for Sombra on her damage

Provisional name: Energy

his weapon and his abilities consume energy.

the energy is always 100% unless you use some skill like invisibility, hacking, translocator. the energy will then go down to 0

After executing one of these skills the energy will increase little by little, by itself.

the damage of the weapon is equivalent to the energy you have. When the energy is at 100% its damage is high (as Soldier 76), when its energy is low its damage is low (like the Sombra we know).

This idea is so that Sombra can do more damage but preventing the high damage when it appears unforeseen and can be counteracted as it is now.
In case of not being able to flank at certain times, she can be used as a generic DPS.

sombra does not need dmg buff, especially not as strong as you suggest. Her problem at the moment is not her dmg.

3 Likes

It’s interesting but they’d have to be careful on how it’s balanced because it could end up REALLY OP if not balanced properly

1 Like

Your idea to buff sombra is to focus on her dmg. Which let me asure yor the dev team dont want to buff her dmg in any way, they claimed this many times,
Also you want to aim sombra to be more like a normal dps but she is not that.

WHAT ROLE DOES SOMBRA FILL?
A Flanker? :x:

• High mobility :white_check_mark: But not in combat :x:

• Can defend themselvs if detected :x:

• High burst damage :x:

• Fast engage and disengage :x:

notes: . Genji and Tracer are flankers, they can engage and disengage quickly , they can get picks alone and if detected they can still get value .
. Sombra requires the team to help her which other flankers dont.
.Sombra entire kit will be affected by dmg , 1 dmg and sombra lost her mobility , if detected you are dead, she cant fight mid fight since hack gets canceled by 1 dmg.

An Assasin? :x:

• No mid fight value :x:

• If discovered dead :white_check_mark:

• High mobility :white_check_mark:

• High Burst dmg :x:

• Reliable high-target solo kills :x:

notes Doomfist is the closest we have to this, He capable of 1 shoting if the enemy team is unaware
SPY fromt TF2 is the best example
Sombra dosnt have high burst dmg , she gets kills if enemys are already dmged most of the times , and 1 dmg leaves her in the open to be killed , this not counting the current armor meta.

a Scout?:x:
This kind of role has no place in this fast paced game, of the 6 slots picking a scout is playing 5v6.

• Dosnt heal allies, Dosnt dmg enemys, Dosnt tank dmg, Dosnt stall enemys, Dosnt get value

Its simple, would you rather kill an enemy or tell your team to kill him and put resources in instead of the team doing their jobs?

A Disruptor? :white_check_mark:

• Exploit enemys backlines :white_check_mark:

• Help the team get kills :white_check_mark:

• High mobility :white_check_mark:

• big Utility :white_check_mark:

This is sombra’s role , Its sombra’s identy , the problem is her kit is unreliable because of dmg and bugs

1 Like

Its clear that Sombra needs buffs but she does not need buffs to her DMG.

Her Problems are simple:

• Inconsistent
  • Unreliable
  • Hard to play with as a Team
  • Buffs

and to fix these there is no need for big changes in just 4 small and simple changes:

• Bug fixes
  • A threshold on stealth and Hack
  • Increased base speed
  • Sugar skull over hacked enemies

I have a Post: The 4-Step plan to buff Sombra (Facts and Opinions)
where I go more into details on why and how they should get implemented
And another post about new bugs that came with 1.26 (new Sombra): Even more Sombra Bugs in 1.26/1.27/1.28 [With Video's] - #29 by SchWiniX-2357 I really want people to get aware of these so I keep calling it out whenever I can maybe someday blizz will see them and can fix them

more comments :slight_smile: