OW2 Balance Patch

Malxer’s 5v5 PvP Update

1. Tanks

Tanks new passive: “HEAVYWEIGHT”. Tanks no longer suffer from CC (besides the enemy tank) and can’t get booped, meaning if for example, Lúcio gets a 5 man boop, the tank won’t move, or fly 30 metres up in the air by Junk mines. Tanks also have a 15% damage resistance. Why? There’s too much damage in this game and tanks already explode (Winston 1000 HP ult) in a 6v6 scenario, hopefully a damage resistance passive could help that. Ult generation gained from shooting tanks is restored to normal to make the game more fast-paced. Hog still can feed ult.

• Doom: No idea, maybe make his passive give more shields and keep his one shots, movement and combos but make his hitbox bigger.

• D.va: DM 14 metres, 3.5 seconds. Boosters cooldown 3 secs. Micro missiles speed increased from 40 mps to 60. Baby Dva generates 10% passive ult charge every second, preventing staggering for more than 10 secs. If she’s ejected she jumps 10 metres per second up and in the direction you’re holding.

• Orisa: New passive: Gallop, if she chains jump after jump her speed increases up to 30%, the speed buff will stay for 3 seconds after the last jump and will slowly drain to normal speed if no bhops are done. Fortify removed because of the new tank passive. Shield buffed. Projectile speed increased. She can also jump slighlty higher.

• Rein: Pin damage 250. Firestrike charges: 2, 80 damage. Shield nerfed. Earthshatter bhop tech given back. Blocked shatters will show up on the killfeed and will play a voiceline. Direct Earthshatter damage 400, stun duration 3 seconds.

• RoadHog: No changes. Maybe make his gun less lethal against the other tanks, but that’s it really. His ult lets him boost himself up when aiming at the floor.

• Sig: He can “descend” slowly if he holds space, like Mercy, but way faster. Shield nerfed. Kinetic grasp duration 3 secs, can be cancelled. Accretion direct damage reduced to 50 from 70, movement speed penalty reduced from 75% to 50%.

• Winston: Everything they’ve done for OW (sniper monke), primal rage now doesn’t make him move slightly slower when using melee.

• Wrecking Ball: Any kind of overhealth doesn’t apply to him (Lucio beat, Brig rally), he instead keeps his shields. Grapple cooldown on respawn removed.

• Zarya: Damage on lower energy increased. Bubble cooldown reduced. New passive: Superjump, when using right click to boost herself she can jump even higher than before.

2. DPS

DPS new passive: “LETHAL SHOTS”. Critical damage (headshots) is increased for all DPS heroes, maybe 2.30x instead of 2.0x. They keep the speed buff. This makes it so DPS are even more powerful in this DPS Watch meta, but at least they are more powerful for having good aim and not just by existing, and increased mobility makes them more fun and lethal.

• Ashe: Scope damage buffed. Bob speed increased.

• Bastion: OW2 changes look interesting, but I’d keep his Ult: Tank and buff it somehow (give him armour or something). It’s more fun than being a CoD nuke while standing still, quite literally a Junkrat clone. You can keep the new ult for PvE though.

• Cass: Right click nerfed or added a cooldown / flash removed.

• Echo: Focus Beam nerfed slightly, stickies no longer take up 80 % of the screen like it’s Mario Kart. Total HP nerfed to 175.

• Gengu: I think he’s balanced right now perfectly!

• Hanzo: Storm arrow nerfed and arrow hitbox reworked so it doesn’t turn around weirdly to oneshot enemies that are 1 km away of the arrow.

• Junkrat: Trap stays the same, we can shoot it, it’s one of the most fair CC abilities in the game, I don’t understand the OW2 nerf to this ability and the net buff to tank busting this hero had on a recent ExC, I’d rather keep him as he actually is (and as a tank player I hate this hero but the trap nerf was so ridiculous).

• Mei: Same as Junk, I don’t mind getting freezed so much because that means the Mei has to rush to you and risk herself (and I hate this hero too but I’m tryng to not be biased), only thing I’d change is make her freeze take more time to freeze on tanks. Make Mei walk 25% faster on ice her weapon has created and her cryo freeze deals 2000 damage to enemies she lands on top of.

• Pharah: No idea how to balance her for 5v5, maybe make her able to drop down faster when holding crouch. I’d go ahead and remove her boop too but idk. That’s just me hating that CC is getting reworked and boops are staying untouched when they are so broken. Ball’s boop for example got tremendously nerfed to a point it’s useless unless very specific situations happen and then there’s heroes like Pharah that have a 9 second cooldown on one of the most broken boops in the game. I’d be ok with heroes like Pharah and Junkrat keeping their boops if they added the “HEAVYWEIGHT” passive to all tanks.

• Reaper: Shadow step speed increased, Wraith form speed increased, Damage increased, this hero NEEDS BUFFS, ANYTHING REALLY!

• Soldier: Healing station buffed, weapon will automatically reload after 3 seconds of sprinting.

• Sombra: NERF, NERF, NERF! Hack no longer provides wallhack. Duration of damage boost on the hacked traget reduced to 4 seconds from 8, hack cooldown increased to 5 seconds. She can keep her hack while on stealth. Stealth speed boost BUFFED. EMP damage nerfed to 30% from 40% current health. Since tanks lose the ult buff for preventing ult generation, Sombra’s ult generation is nerfed slightly too.

• Symm: People will hate me, but I’d make her more DPSy. Added a Portal gun like on Splitgate / Portal that opens a portal for 5 seconds for anyone on the team to use Enemies can also enter this portal. Turrets no longer slow down but deal more damage. Ult’s shield HP nerfed so it can be destroyed by a lot of focus fire of the whole team.

• Torb: No changes he’s actually very strong, this hero doesn’t need anything really he’s very decent and gets easy value.

• Tracer: Falloff damage nerfed, blinks take 0.5 seconds longer to “refill”.

• Widow: Tough one, she’s annoying but idk. I think she’s actually “balanced” because she needs some kind of skill, maybe the damage is too much but idk.

3. Supports

Supports new passive: “BATTLE MEDIC”. When an ally dies, Support’s healing is slightly increased until the ally respawns. They keep the Mercy passive too. This makes up for longer fights when an ally dies so if your tank or really anyone dies, you can kind of keep up fighting until this person comes back, so the enemy team can’t just win so easily because of “focus the tank and deathball” on the 5v5 scenario.

• Ana: Sleep CAN affect tanks, BUT it will only last 3 seconds. Anti nade nerfed to 75% instead of 100%.

• Bap: Splash healing nerfed. Shift removed. Immo field I’m sorry but if the damage doesn’t gets lowered we need this ability.

• Brig: No idea on how to balance this hero without making her OP or useless.

• Lúcio: Speed boost amp speed increased slightly, using beat from a high ground will provide more shields, landing a beat on top of an enemy will one shot the enemy.

• Mercy: When she ults she can rez every 5 seconds, making her ult way more impactful.

• Moira: No idea she needs some kind of buff or new passive ability, maybe give her fade cleanse and buff her Ult damage.

• Zen: Nerf the bloody discord, whe he ults he can cleanse effects like anti nade and dynamite, he can also levitate slighlty on ult while pressing space to prevent silly deaths.

Share your ideas / if you agree or disagree. Be polite please.

This is fine. I like it.

Maybe a faster regen?

Instead of 7 second refill, it goes down to 6?

3 Likes

This would break her completely.

2 Likes

I find it hard to comment on any if the changes since we have no idea how the game will play or any of the new characters.

I know the D.va changes are fine but the Mercy one will absolutely break her.

1 Like

I think the DPS changes + over buffing Mercy will make everyone die in half a second

1 Like

This un-ironically is a good fan made few changes to Dva. Most make unrealistic sounding changes but this is closer to reality, at least in concept.

Micro missiles speed increase, yes please.

3 second booster would be great to have again but I don’t know if the devs are ready for what we can do with that given we’ll have 3 second DM. That means I potentially will have a zero vulnerability state where Dva’s cooldowns on live = 2 second vulnerability. 1 second difference come ow2. 3 second boosters would make her incredibly strong and lord knows I’d like that but ngl I’ll never die if I play smart if that’s a thing.

14 meter dm? May as well go 15. This is the one change I still wish to see beyond changes to micromissiles.

Finally, yeah Baby Dva will need changes so she isn’t out of mech and out of the fight for minutes at a time. One less tank to get ult charge from, all give less ult charge, dps move faster, all of this doesn’t look good for out of mech. A passive ult increase is needed and call mech shouldn’t take a million years to get. Decrease total requirement for call mech.
… or you know… maybe let bunny blaster do more damage instead? :eyes:

1 Like

Moth meta PTSD

2 Likes