My audio keeps cutting out since the patch

Randomly my audio seems to cut out in Overwatch ever since the Hammond patch. Dying and respawning can sometimes fix it, but not always.
I’d at first thought my earbuds or speakers were breaking, but given all other non-Overwatch sounds seem to work fine it seems to be specific to this game.
It even seems to happen sometimes while viewing a Play of the Game in a match.
Anyone have any idea what is going on?

2 Likes

This issue slightly cropped up last patch in that sometimes while watching the death cam and then respawning would break all sound but the gunshots but now its gotten worse in that it breaks all sound.
Blizz has still given no official statement about what is going on with it but the temp fix is to turn Dolby 7.1 on and then off as it will refresh the sound and fix what is breaking.
Also if overwatch is the focus (full screen) it can break all sound on your machine till overwatch corrects itself or you do the Dolby refresh trick.
I can assure you that you are not the only person having this issue.

yeah i have the same problem but i have it since mid deason 5 it caused me to stop playing the game cause ut were destroying my ears and i could’nt hear anything so my ally were furious against me,but even the gunshots sounds weird there is only the voices of charcater that is’nt completely wrong

oh my god,it fixed it,thank you so much !

1 Like

oups,sorry my bad it didn’t,it came back thirty seconds after but it says that i need to toggle off something about my headphones what should i do ?

i have this problem as well i can’t play comp now because if anyone dives in i will not notice and i am a support main so everyone wants me dead

I’ve been having the same issue. I notice it cuts every other death and respawn, and will cut and come back multiple times during POTG and end game screen. Here’s hoping it’s fixed soon.

Yup, I have been having the exact same problem. I’ve posted it HERE and HERE and have seen others post frequently about it and Blizzard has yet to address it. I’ve just about had it. For me, it seems to be the voice lines that are doing it, especially when the game gets a little process heavy. I don’t know if you’re having the same thing happen, but the best part that I’m finding is that I still have voice chat.

I have tried everything i could possibly think of out there, scan and repair, disabling other audio ports that are not being used, etc, and even the switching the dobly digital on and back off, nothing has worked, ever, so hopefully we can get this problem fixed soon.