Mtchmaking is still rigged

I main tank/off tank, off heals. What I find frustrating is how much better my DPS game play is than the DPS that play with me. I sometimes just want to switch to DPS to prove them wrong, but then they are a worse tank. DPS tend to run off on their own to get a quick pick, end up dying earlier, and leave the tanks to defend the point by themselves. And that assumes our healer didn’t try to fly in and save them, also dying. My stats are pretty screwed up due to that.

Cool, first team fight is 4 v 6… looking forward to this.

4 Likes

Don’t worry. You are not alone. If you play anything but dps in season 11 you will get a loss streak anyway because everyone with private profiles suddenly wants to play dps.

2 Likes

Yep, Season 9 and 10, solid up trends for me, season 11, just getting my butt kicked.

2 Likes

Agreed. I played with people again last night who were exercising some incredibly questionable judgment on when they were going in.

2 Likes

Oh, if you have a private profile I almost universally assume you are terrible.

1 Like

Plenty of Masters and GM’s with private profiles.

smurfs eloboosting every games, this is garbage on so many level…

1 Like

Can’t relate. Have had a 60%+ winrate since I started playing and climbed from Bronze to Masters, nearing GM.

lol Bronze to GM he says.

1 Like

Season 5, placed 1100. Climbed to Plat by the end of the season after 160 hours in S5 alone. I am 3800s now at a 60%+ winrate still. Less than 200 SR from GM (And technically less than 200 SR from Top500).

Feel free to add me to look at my season history.

I’m talking about THIS season.

I claimed nothing this season.

I mean, I was in Diamond for like… 4 games this season. But no, I’ve been Masters for 3 seasons now.

I grew from Gold to Diamond and stayed in diamond for the last couple of seasons, until this season, I got knocked down to 2700 and trying to work my way back up. I’m noticing teammate differences from last season, so I ask people. Most of them are coming back from 1 - 2 seasons off, or longer and they “main” dps. They ask all sorts of questions about changes to the game that they haven’t seen, including, “Who is brigette”. I’ll get back into diamond, but this season has been pretty bad on Xbox specifically.

1 Like

Pretty much did the same thing, tank/heals were my mains during season 9 and after that (dropped 300 SR) I’m now a dps main, I’m done with the amount of bad dps players in this game.

3 Likes

I played with some friends, who had invited their DPS friend to play. I was out dps’ing him as Zarya, and Dva. I switch to DPS for a round, and competing against his DPS. On soldier and McCree, I did more DPS than he did with Hanzo. When I was Zarya, he never tried to combo with my ult, or wasted it when we had two picks and they had 0. I asked nicely over 6 different games until he listened.

1 Like

You’d be surprised by how often it’s the tanks and healers faults. But everyone blames DPS’s so… the tanks and healers never learn what they’re doing wrong so they stay at their SR.

When you out dmg the dps as tanks or even at times heals…yea your point is pretty much null.

1 Like

Yeah no. I can go out and get gold damage as tank or off tank. They deal a f#ck ton of damage. Your job is making space so they can do damage safely. So no. That actually furthers my point that you may be playing tank sub-optimally.

Funny thing is my main tank in season 9 was Rein, just stop now cUSE YOU’RE JUST BSing NOW.

1 Like

Actually it does benefit them, because it keeps you from reaching the “end” of the game indefinitely. The whole ENTIRE point of overwatch from the creators perspective is to make you waste time and effort forever. This isnt sarcasm, its not a joke. The entire system is designed to keep you playing nonstop forever. This helps them immensely because if everybody reached top 500 within the first week, well that would have been the end of the game. If your players never reach top500 or they have the “illusion” of climbing then we will knock them down a notch to make sure they dont climb too fast.

See season 1, you could be at top rank well wthin a couple of days of straight playing, the devs found this to be a far too short period of time for players to play causing them to greatly expand the sr range and enact small earning potential. Now instead of showing “real” skill, you must endure the 9th layer of hell to get anywhere, and even then for most people, its just more hell.

2 Likes