Mtchmaking is still rigged

Still rigged.

“Rigging” is still too vague. Handicapping is the word!

Why? Why is it rigged? Come on, give me a reason. Debunk my points.

Don’t just say “You’re wrong” and leave it at that, it just makes you look like someone who doesn’t want to admit that they are wrong.

Now, that might not be the case, and you might still have very valid reasoning for thinking that way. But unless you say what that reasoning is, that means bupkis.

You get it!!! Its the damned monkeys who if anyone has eyes can see they should never have the same SR as someone at your current level. When you see the level, you know the SR they have, but its like they never played, or like Rd. 1 was awesome, and suddenly they all handed their controllers to a group of 3 year olds who have been drinking Robitussin DM all day.

It may not be rigged… But damn them all to hell.

Here is a toast to all our favorite Dva’s and Roadhogs who think they are snipers, Reinhardts who leave the objective to flank and dps, Ana stun masters with no aim (or clue that Ana has the option to heal) Zen and Moira snipers,( aka backline ranged artists who never heal) Mercy pistoleers who aim at our feet and dive into the enemy line to rez an ally with 15 deaths. Attack Syms and Bastions who are amazing but position themselves to death every 30 seconds, Tjorbs who place turrets behind objects and out of LOS, no where near the fight or objective, Reapers who run right past their team mate who is 1v1 or 1v2, Tracers who dont flank, Junkrat’s and DVA ult wasters, Pharahs who dont fly, Dpsers who target a solo barrier instead of enemies, Soldier 76’s who drop a heal AFTER you die, and all you amazing friends who overextend, die and lose the objective.

Thanks… For absolutely NOTHING.
Except our Bronze placement, thanks for that I guess…

Win too much? WTH is that like? Try only getting a 1/50 or 1/100 win rate, then complain to me about your 50/50.

No there is no hidden mmr. There is no handicapping a comp match. For real dude just take the 50/50 and climb.

Go read my thread on the subject, because there certainly is such a thing as “hidden MMR.” Matchmaking Rating is a handicapping system, designed by Blizzard to make Competitive Overwatch addictive, rather than objective or fair.

2 Likes

Did my placements a few days ago and I wanted to leave it like that just for the competitive points. Yesterday I decided to give comp another try.
10 games: first 4 games were easy wins, 5th game was a close victory, then I suddenly started facing smurfs and got 5 stomp losses.
Rigged.

1 Like

Sounds like 90% of your games were skewed one way or the other. You either got easy wins or got stomped. A truly balanced matchmaking system should have more close matches and less stomps by far.

1 Like

lol okay… doesn’t explain some things but yea you’re right.

I was facing diamond people and smashing face got put in two groups back to back on my last two placements that were in stacks a (5stack and a 4stack), were toxic as heck drinking and not even listening to call outs what so ever and throwing away my rank down the drain. I won 6/4 before those it was 6/2 I know if i didn’t have to deal with entire full stacks who don’t care at all I could have won those because in the games i did play I was out playing them by a mile in most cases and my team even agreed. This game forces you into the 50-60% mark no matter how many times I push 70+ I’m talking 73, 78, 75 I get pushed back down to high 60’s/mid 60’s because i get groups like this --^ or the gengu who an entire match reported for just going off on people. there’s not always a reason, but sometimes there actually are legit reasons out of your control.

1 Like

Can’t even enjoy victories when every game is a 3 minutes stomp.

Do you care to retract your statement?

I really hope a Dev locks this thread
A: So it stops getting Necroed
B:The topic at hand is a lie, being that there is no way Blizzard could rig games to make someone lose and it’s just players making excuses for not being able to climb. I can easily prove the fact the matchmaker doesn’t force anything.

2 Likes

forget about wins/loses system and play the personal performance system if you are below diamond, imo make more sr in a win than u lose in a lost game and bam, the numbers themself prove u are slowly climbing up.

The longer you play the faster you fatigue, if you fatigue, esp after making good decisions last few games eventually you will fatigue in your decision making as well. It’s not the system it’s your choice to play non stop.

Take a break, Come back when your 100%
That’s how I gained over 1k sr.

Fatigue is not the only factor. Competitive Play is handicapped by Match Making Rating, which is a handicapping system. It’s designed to make Overwatch addictive, rather than objective or fair.

2 Likes

It has a pattern tho… I see it with myself, and all my friends… I go to a new season high… Then i drop down, even a whole tier… Climb back… New season high and repeat… i see it everywhere like this

1 Like

I am below diamond, (plat) and i lose 45SR when we have a leaver on the team, even tho i have 4 gold medals that game…
On paper it might work… but in reality it doesnt…

1 Like

I have no doubt about this at all, it definitely matches you with potatoes as you progress, and expects you to carry… The theory is it takes everyone who might be getting a little good, throws em together then throws a seasoned team at them… you can guess how this goes 90% of the time.