Movements Against Toxicity | & Why We Need Them

I think the idea is some have a seperate discord that people can join to ping members when there is a thread they feel is starting to turn toxic. The idea is that members will post in the thread to try and steer the thread away from the toxicity. It’s a good idea, though I’m not sold on how effective it actually is.

Anyway, I really do need to head home now!

Oh, not a bad idea. I’m all for it tbh

I never created the Brigitte Spaghetti Movement to start controversy… I created it because I am obsessed with making EVERYONE happy. I know it’s impossible but I wanted to try my very hardest. But my movement sparked nothing but controversy and a lot of the people in these forums hate me because of something I can’t control. The Brigitte Spaghetti Movement’s priority has been to make a more positive environment. If an emote exists where Brigitte eats spaghetti. I would be very happy. But my priority with the Brigitte Spaghetti Movement is to make everyone happy, and to see this post. I’ve failed…

I think one is fine if people want to get on board with it. I think everyone making their own is daft. It’s not a movement, it’s just a label you’ve stuck to yourself.

That’s just it though you cannot make literally everyone happy. Your idea has good intent but for how long? How long will everything be fine until a group of people start to take it too far? What happens when they do take it too far?

My problem is that being positive doesn’t require a group or mob to achieve it just requires people to be good. The signatures in my mind certainly don’t help any.

I mean but their entire purpose is to flood threads and flag post till they shut the post down. Literally happens everytime.

Then if people take it too far I’ll either kick them out or say I don’t support the person’s movement. Tarnishing the Brigitte Spaghetti Movement’s name is not what I want and I’ll keep at my goal of making people happy

1 Like

“Evidence of your success?” Sorry, but I’m not sure if that relates to this topic. Once again, you gave an opinion and I gave you mine. From the way you are responding though, it seems like you can’t accept another’s opinion besides your own… So I don’t think this is becoming any more constructive at this point in our discussion. You asked for facts, the fact is this. Movements aren’t always about “accomplishments” or “dividing people”. They can also be about expressing your views, promoting positivity, and uniting others, and as long as it’s not inflammatory or malicious, it’s fair game in most cases. I believe you are smart enough to understand that the world isn’t written in black and white, and that there aren’t always exceptions to the rule - including the purpose of different signatures and movements, so I will rather save you the lecture and pop a pin in our little discussion. I like sigs, you do not. And that’s fine. We’ll have to agree to disagree and end our debate at that. Have a nice day now! :blush:

Touche, I take back that question then lol. Still, I believe I’ve already explained why I believe we need them in the following statements in response to the other things you have mentioned.

Whoops! Sorry, I’m going to have to stop you there! What you think is spam isn’t what others would think is spam. Just because you are against something, doesn’t mean that you speak for everyone. I believe there’s a way to go about spreading positivity without belittling the ideas of others, and if we are a bit more open minded to a difference in opinions, there would be less toxicity overall. I’m sure there’s a way to discuss a topic without insults and arguing, so let’s keep it classy, and thanks for your cooperation! :blush:

Let’s do some research on what it means before making assumptions and being misinformed shall we? They are asking a legitimate question. Are the snide remarks and rumors really neccesary, DarthWinston? Let’s keep it classy, thanks!

Please excuse them. Essentially the movement’s goal is to get a new Mercy emote and spread positivity. But here is the official thread that discusses everything about the Mercy Ice cream Movement and what they stand for, free of any bias: :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Then I wish you best of luck at that.

And what you think is toxicity isn’t what other would think is toxicity. You equate not wanting mass rez to toxicity. Meanwhile I equate constant posting on a thread with an irrelevant topic (even if the thread is toxic AF) to be spam.

That is incorrect I’m afraid. If someone doesn’t want mass rez. They are entitled to their opinion. I have never stated that I think “those who don’t want mass rez are being toxic” have I? Sorry, but I believe that is a misconception.

What you think is “irrelevant” is your own opinion. What you think is “spam” is also your own opinion. My point is, neither you nor I speak for everyone, and those who make various movements are entitled to do so, as long as they are abiding by the rules. Otherwise, we’ll have to simply agree to disagree on what we think is toxic and what isn’t. Have a good one! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

If a person needs a movement to need to know why toxicity is bad, maybe they have no right to be on the internet in the first place.

1 Like

So this is a toxic-free zone?
There goes half the forums lol

1 Like

Thanks for offering your opinion. I’m afraid I will have to disagree. I see nothing wrong with it if it’s benign. For example, the Mercy Ice Cream Movement and Brigitte Spaghetti Movement are vouching for emotes for their favorite heroes and spreading positive vibes. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. :blush:

Sadly :smirk:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Sadly with raised eyebrow?
Much confusion.

Less hate, more positive participate.

~Signed
▂ ▅ ▆ ▇ 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓩𝓮𝓷𝔂𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓪 𝓓 :doughnut: 𝓾𝓰𝓱𝓷𝓾𝓽 𝓜 :doughnut: 𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 ▇ ▆ ▅ ▂

1 Like

How far is too far? What is to prevent you from going too far? To whom are you answerable? Who decides when to apply force to the masses? What if people don’t take kindly to your interference?

I have so many questions.

I think this remark illustrates one of the many fundamental problems with this militia movement. What is the toxicity threshold, and who determines what and where that has been crossed so that a mass citizens arrest may occur? And what happens when they tell you to get lost?

You police the rest of us, but who polices you?

I police no one, so I’m sorry if you have garnered that assumption. As I’ve stated, this is my view on why I like the idea behind Movements that are against toxic behaviour and spreading positivity. Toxic behaviour being, anything that goes against the CoC. If you disagree with that or feel that toxic behaviour shouldn’t be fought against, then you are entitled to do so. I’m pretty sure there’s nothing wrong with agreeing to disagree with someone, and there is nothing “militant” about spreading positive vibes in the community, or wanting emotes of various heroes. I believe you are overthinking it. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

Well, perhaps you can help an inferior to understand it then. If, as you say, this is just about being nice to people why are you organizing into chapters to be summoned on notice to storm threads and enforce what you deem to be appropriate behavior?

Bear in mind that I already know the answer. The question is rhetorical. This is about projecting force. A personal militia at your command. It’s a bad thing for the rest of us.