Movements Against Toxicity | & Why We Need Them

I think movements that help to actively promote positivity in the forums are a nice form of self-identification and expression. I believe it lightens the mood in threads that would have otherwise been hateful or hurtful to others, and is an innocent way to show support for an idea or cause, without forcing your idea onto someone else through pointless debates or insulting them.

In this community where it’s all too common for toxicity to run amok, I fully support the idea that there are active members who make it their priority to keep threads positive and fun. It reminds me of RichC’s “Tanks Unite Crusade” and JellyandJam’s various positivity threads. Now, with things like The Brigitte Spaghetti Movement and the Mercy Ice-cream Movement, it’s nice to see such examples of various groups of the community fighting back against the all-too-common harassment, bickering, witch-hunts, and overall negative nature that all of us have seen in a ton of past threads in one way or another. I’m also sure that it helps the mods as well in dealing with various trolls with agendas of dividing, demonizing, and discriminating against specific groups of players. :wink:

After all, It’s easy to complain about something or call each-other obscenities because their opinions differ from our own, it’s a lot harder to keep the peace and maintain unity within the community, in spite of our preferences. And to that, I say, as long as the goal is to spread positivity in our forums, keep the movements coming, and I commend you guys for working hard in the fight against the toxicity. :blush:

We’re all in this together :heart:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

17 Likes

I’m just perplexed as to why people want to devalue our cause by making trolly “movements” that clearly just exist to make fun of our cause. It’s saddening. :frowning: That being said, we will continue to spread positively and make the forums a better place for all!

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓮𝓻𝓬𝔂 𝓘𝓬𝓮 𝓒𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 𝓜𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 :shaved_ice::chocolate_bar:

9 Likes

Once the passive aggressive rework and revert threads that fill the forums will stop then we will see a positive change in the forums.

:slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

I feel that the issue is just that people are more likely to make posts about things they don’t like rather than things they like, that leads to the forums looking like everyone is complaining all the time, which leads to people telling those people to stop complaining, which creates the toxicity, which gets us nowhere.
I notice this a lot, and lately I’ve been making an effort to set an example like RichC and JellyandJam has, to keep the forums filled with overall positive vibes and understanding and sympathy towards others opinions and feelings. I dunno if I’ve made any progress whatsoever, but I’ll certainly keep trying.

:purple_heart::baguette_bread:The Widowmaker Baguette Movement:baguette_bread::purple_heart:

1 Like

Both can coexist. :slight_smile: We, members of the Mercy Ice Cream Movement, will make sure of this.

3 Likes

i honestly dont get it

1 Like

Simple, make posts about the things you like, it’s a start, but a good start.

:purple_heart::baguette_bread:The Widowmaker Baguette Movement:baguette_bread::purple_heart:

Any form of spam gives a negative impression and a bitter taste in the mouth.

No matter how many flags you wave and signatures you create to project ‘positive’ it goes all to waste and looks pretendious from the moment there is the same topic popping on daily basis, especially the passive aggressive ones.

The damage is already done.

:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I respect your opinion but am going to have to disagree. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

that was like a very good and cute response but your icon puts me uncomfortable for a reason

1 Like

I was thinking about that as I was typing! :rofl:
"hmm, maybe the icon is a bit too spooky for these kind words"

Fight! Fight! Fight!
Oh wait, I’m supposed to keep it positive
Hug! Hug! Hug!

:purple_heart::baguette_bread:The Widowmaker baguette Movement:baguette_bread::purple_heart:

That is fair. If you insist on spamming the forums with the same topics then there is no choice but have people debating and flagging each other until it is stopped.

Do remember, it is you who insists. Trying to project yourself as a positive figure while spamming the forums with Mercy topics is going to look awfully ugly.

7 Likes

Oh, I fell into a troll trap after all ?

Dang it, that was clever indeed.

2 Likes

But… I’m not spamming Mercy topics?

2 Likes

Take it as a friendly advice to avoid future ‘misfortunes’.

1 Like

Sure then. Not like I was intending on doing something that contradicts the movement I’m apart of.

4 Likes

Pillow Fights are pretty peaceful.

until they break out the beanbag chairs. owo

that sounds so sinister :eyes:

1 Like

Time will tell and both us will be around to witness the truth. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Counterpoint – self-appointed forum vigilante movements only create more problems. Sending in your goons to shut down threads that you deem inappropriate is only going to generate more resentment and hostility.

We have moderators here. They are given authority by the company, and are supervised and answerable for their actions. The Insert Hero Name Here Movement is answerable to no one, and holds no authority. Let the moderators moderate.

10 Likes