Move on from Mass Rez

I think you over-complicated what I said. Just look at the replies above and you’ll see what I meant by what I said.

Conversely, I don’t think you’ve understood what we’re talking about here. I also don’t think that it matters, as you’re not going to attempt to understand it when you could punch instead. Have at me then.

Ok…

When I said this:

I was referring to this:

As in, I edited it in too late.

1 Like

I too could play a game of ninja-edit if I thought such a thing was good for anything more than attempting to humiliate someone on the internet. However, I do not think as much.

I’ll assume that we are finished now.

Now we are getting into topics that can be openly debated.

What the developers want will never stop me from voicing my opinion or advocating for changes. The idea that the developers have said/done X, therefore X is true/justified, is flawed to the point of self-destruction. A quick look at the patch history will tell you that.

These are the same people who:

• Wanted D.Va to be more of a bully tank, so they granted her 100 additional armor.
  • Wanted D.Va to be less of a bully tank, so they reworked her (“Protect the Rip-Tire”).
  • Wanted D.Va to be more of a bully tank, so the reworked her again.
  • Left Sombra in garbage tier for well over a year after her launch before buffing her into semi-viability. They then left her in that state for two weeks before nerfing her into a worse state than she was before her buffs. The patch wasn’t even put in the PTR before going live. They have left her there since.
  • Left Bastion in garbage tier for months before reworking him into into god tier. They then left him in that state for about a week on PC (a full month on consoles) before nerfing him once again back into garbage tier. They have not touched him since then.
  • Let Ana dominate the meta for a full season before nerfing her repeatedly until she he garbage tier. They then took a year and a half to bring her back into relevance.
  • Took 8 months to grant Widowmaker a simple cooldown reduction buff; one that had been universally requested by the community. Then they partially reverted one of those buffs because she became meta for a few months.
  • Left Hanzo in garbage tier for nearly two years before finally reworking him, at which point he dominated the damage category for months.
  • Take months or years to fix obvious and trivial issues (bugs, hitbox irregularities), or sometimes completely ignore them despite obvious discussion on them: Genji’s deflect, Doomfist’s hitboxes, Reinhardt’s Earthshatter, Mercy’s post-rework GA bug, Lucio’s Wall-Ride bug, etc.
  • Have yet to bring Torbjorn out of garbage tier.
  • Have yet to bring Mei out of garbage tier.
  • Have yet to bring Reaper out of garbage tier.
  • Have yet to bring Symmetra out of garbage tier despite two reworks.

Add Mercy’s rework to that list.

The perhaps they would have been better off creating a whole new hero rather than removing and replacing an existing one under the same name?

That’s still highly suggestive of telling us what to think. It’s basically telling us to shut up, which can be answered with a one-word response:

“No.”

3 Likes

So pretentious…

Totally.

2 Likes

I agree that you don’t need to shut up, and if you had just replied with “no” then you would have found me on your side. But when you begin the scorched earth campaign of gatekeeping then you will most assuredly find me against you.

There was no gatekeeping.

There was merely the blowing off of someone who, from what I interpreted, was telling us how to think.

Considering that they are in no position to tell us any information about Mercy that we don’t already know, there isn’t anything useful to come out of “Move on”.

4 Likes

It was and is gatekeeping, and in the reply you gave me it was deliberately so, if you will recall –

Must demonstrate sufficient care for the hero. ‘Your’ hero. If they really cared. This is textbook gatekeeping, and I think you know that.

1 Like

Well, while these changes or lack thereof are undeniably questionable, each one was for a reason. They succeeded in fixing the reason, but went overboard each time. Sometimes the developers seem like the average forum poster who believes that armor piercing bullets for Reaper would be okay.

These two they literally just fixed. Mei is in her best state ever. Torb could possibly dominate the game in the coming months.
They did say they planned to focus on balancing changes this quarter, so I think they are starting to figure out how to go into correctly and completely balancing their own game.
However, I’m not trying to tell people what to think. It’s more of a suggestion. If Mercy would to be drastically changed, I would reccommend a rework, not a revert. Something that makes Valk even better. That’s just my opinion.

Wait how is almost a day’s worth of time not enough to determine a straightforward hero’s place/fun factor w h a t

1 Like

Is it incorrect to assume this to be the case when the person has told people who can prove they care about the hero to shut up because they disagree with them?

That’s not gatekeeping. That’s undermining attempted gatekeeping.

2 Likes

I am not assuming anything. The language is yours, and it is plain. And I called you out for it. As I said, if you had simply stated that you were in no way required to be silent and ‘move on’, I would have been on your side. But once you start countering with the idea that people must be at least this tall to ride the ride you will find me aligned against you. Everyone loses when we gatekeep.

As of now, only 4 and a half hours are confirmed. Him claiming that it’s more is well, idk. We don’t know if he’s lying or not… Right now, only 4 hours on Mercy is not enough.

1 Like

I disagree with that as well. I think four hours is plenty of time to develop an adequate opinion about a hero in a simple game like Overwatch. Like I said, this isn’t a complex title.

1 Like

Depends. When did he start playing Overwatch?

March 2017. Have been playing consistently since.

If it was four hours ago, does it matter? If you spent four hours in game, and all of it on Mercy then yes you will have a good handle on what Mercy is and her state. Certainly enough to have an opinion on an internet forum.

For many there is no moving on from Mass Rez. Just how it is. Let them be. Theres no reason to try and change their minds, as it simply won’t happen.

2 Likes

That reason being… What? Incompetence?

Rarely.

Thus failing to achieve the goal or validate the reasons.

She’s still garbage tier.

Her being in her “best state ever” doesn’t mean a whole lot if she’s been in an abysmal balance state since “ever”.

His rework is in the PTR at the moment. It has yet to hit live servers, and thus, they have yet to bring him out of garbage tier.

We’re in the same boat.

2 Likes