Move on from Mass Rez

Either you changed the title from mercy is fun deal with it or I’m going crazy

yikes, dude. relax a little.

2 Likes

You keep mentioning me. You expect me to not react? Why?

I’ll say to you what I said to them. Quote the where I derailed the thread. Quote where all I did was troll? Everything I said was in response to a position said before. Everything I said was supported by varifiable sources that can be linked and quoted. I didnt stray from the topic, as everything I said was reactive/responsive.

Meanwhile, both of you have ignored OH SO MUCH of what I’ve said, and instead elected to have this cute little back and forth about how I am somehow not contributing.

Please. Substantiate your claims. Or stop referring to me.

:blush::wink::rofl:

1 Like

Oh this too. Quote the parts of what they said you feel I haven’t adequately addressed and I will do that now. Definitively.

What you quoted wasn’t me saying I’m trolling. It’s me saying I never expect anything constructive or progressive to come from an exchange with someone literally named RevertMercy.

So please. Again. Quote me where I trolled and derailed, or take back what you said. Quote what I said that you consider not contributing to the thread. Quote the things I failed to address, and I shall. Or, retract what you said.

Balls in your court.

/insert popcorn emoji cuz like… reasons.

This invite is open to all of you that liked that response. Please. Prove me wrong. Please.

1 Like

and you enjoying her doesnt mean everyone is.

as you said. not everyone thinks the same.

Therefore it IS impossible to reach a middle ground. somebody WILL not be happy.

yeah… according to the devs “unfun” was the reason.

because of a broken SR system (which was changed since then) and the toxic buff of god mode during mass rez. (which removed its only counter play of killing her during it) and

because they have shown that right?

remember mercy 2.0 start? remember brig release? remember hanzo rework?

THEY are human. they do not know everything even if they design the game.

Else stuff liek that would NEVER make it past development stage onto a live stage.

I loved Mercy 1.0.
I liked 2.0 (as most mercy mans did) but knew her kit was toxic and unmatched (again as me and many other mercy players stated) flying in her kit fit her angelic theme.
Sure mass rez swapped for tempo rez was different, but it was also more problematic than mass rez.

Valk as her “theme” is a bad idea. The ultimate is toxic to Mercy’s design.

Proof of this is EVERYTHING of her has been nerfed since 2.0

Valk has lost 90% of its release power.

It made her balanced ST healing (which IS her iconic role) oppressive in that it efefcted everyone.

That resulted in her revert to 50 hp/s …which again is bad for her as she no longer fits in as a primary healer. She had the hp/s buff for a reason.

and to add on proof of devs NOT knowing what they are doing for her:

Devs state she is a mobile healer.

what happens after they state this?

added slug movement durign rez
nerfed her valk flyign speed
(iirc) nerfed the speed of GA

for beign a “mobile healer” these contradict the entire theme of that.

Valk is a trash Ult. sure, its impact is there, but its boring and bland and holds her back. They should of had that as E and rez on R.

tl;dr devs arent gods who know everything. Players at tiems DO know more. (thoguh not all of them)

1 Like

Mass Rez was removed because it was deemed a sort of broken gameplay. It incentivized and encouraged a type of behavior fundamentally contradictory to a dedicated healer hero design. It began to spawn unintuitive and contradictory team strategies (people were starting to demand their team’s Mercy hide for instance), and it had proven to be difficult to truly balance. For instance, many cite the addition of invulnerability to be a huge mistake, and it was, but it was also added for reason. Without, Mass Rez still suffered from problems. It went from Suicide and Rez to Hide and Rez.

Pro level mass rez was just used to rez Pharah. Mercy was only ran on Pharah maps. Etc.

Mass rez had many issues, and that is why it was moved away from. You can agree with that or not, but that was the main reason.

Funness was just a secondary, supporting reason. One more easily understood and relatable for the majority of players.

There was considerable and respectable reason behind removing Mass Rez. Like I said, everyone is free to agree or disagree with that. Just please stop trying to make it out like Mass Rez removal was just some offhand “for the LULZ” type of decision. It doesn’t help the conversation doing so, and it is not accurate.

2 Likes

I think most mercy mains just want this kind of answer. It’s okay if it’s later, and the focused on other heroes first. but we need some kind of answer.

But i hope “later” doesn’t mean 1 year later,though.

Btw i’m open for suggestions, not reverting to mass res is okay, but discard valkyrie and work on something else to make her fun again. I absolutely hate spectator mode and the slow down on rez.

2 words.
Damage Reduction.

means she can take a bit of dmg during it, but also emans if its her vs 3-6 enemeis she will not make it.

Makes it have a coutner andmakes it so she HAS to be in a fight and isnt told to hide .

a person who actually uses her can figure this out.

Devs who are PAID and have tons of tiem to think of this dont.

sorry but 2.0 has had more issue than 1.0 mass rez EVER had.

you COULD of balanced and fixed issues in 1.0’s kit with all the wasted time on 2.0 and the constant nerfs.

no. devs flat out said “unfun” was reason.

who said that?
it was to stop the ppl QQing.

Happens to ANY popular hero that is seen as “unfun”

hogs original hook, hanzo’s scatter (which was the only unfun thign as it requried nearly no aim or efort), d.va’s DM, etc

Devs botched the easy fixed issue and wasted time to make an even more problematic design.

oh and fyi I am not sayign to bring mass rez back.
I am just saying 2.0’s focus on Valk is sh*t. It is thematically nice, but in action its bad and counter to her design of a ST healer.

3 Likes

The thing is, sure, maybe Mass Rezz was unhealthy for the game as a whole.

But Valkyrie doesn’t feel any better. So while I readily agree that just reverting her won’t (and shouldn’t) happen, I feel it’s time they scrap Valkyri and move on. A virtually invulnerable flying team-healing / team-boosting ult, basically like a group Molten Core, that’s just lame. If she were stuck like Pharah it’d be one thing, but she’s not.

And they even had to nerf her healing now, because being balanced around single-target output it of course didn’t work at all with Valkyrie making it a group heal. Instead of, well, removing that aspect. By changing her ult again :sob:

I understand what damage reduction is. I’m sorry if I lead you to believe I didn’t.

I didn’t really bother discussing lack of counter play or anything like that, again, sorry if I lead you to believe I did. I didn’t see it as important. As for your “if you played her” and “devs should have known” stuff well… I disagree with you and find it kind of presumptuous but hey, feel how you feel. That’s your right.

I’m sorry, did I lead you to believe I was a fan of 2.0? Again, if that’s the case, I’m sorry. I hated 2.0. I hated suffering through the Mercy rework. Just to set that straight…

That’s purely speculation, I have no idea how things would have played out. It needs to play out in order for me to form a conclusion, and it didn’t play out, as another avenue was pursued.

Oh really? Yo, throw me that quote please. Substantiate this claim. Or else, don’t make it. I can back everything I said up with quotable and citable sources. Can you?

Assumption. Why do you ignore everything I said as to what the reason was, and then stick to this? You don’t have an argument here, do you?

Sure.

All you have to support the idea that THAT SPECIFIC COURSE OF ACTION was the “easy fix” is speculation. It could have just as easily been a trainwreck as well.

That’s good.

Yeah I wasn’t a fan of 2.0 either.

Mass was “counter to her design of a ST healer” as well.

Suggest things that don’t involve mass rez. Try to progress the conversation beyond what it was a year ago.

Right, that’s why it’s the reason for the change in the dev comments the patch she was changed on.

Yep. The hypocrisy of some of these people who complained before and now are telling the Mercy players to stop complaining is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Because it’s good to have a game that’s a copy of other game

Mercy’s nerfs are a complete mess. Not because people find her bad or not to be “herself anymore”, but for logical reasons. She, and some other Heroes, but mostly Mercy, have had several nerfs around her old abilities and gameplay. These nerfs are still in the game and that makes no sense at all.

They really need to look into ALL changes they’ve done to Mercy, nerfs and buffs. Then look into the reason behind those changes. A lot of changes to Mercy needs to be reverted, they are not longer needed.

2 Likes

“20 hours isn’t enough to know if Mercy is in a good place or not. You must play her for hundreds of hours”

Few months ago:

“I have less than 10 minutes on Hanzo,but he’s overpowered and therefore should be nerfed”

Also,lmao @ the people calling Mercy “theirs”.
Oh crap,I didn’t know you all were the creators of Mercy,oh I’m sorry,Blizzard forgot to tell us. /s
It’s so childish. you don’t “own” Mercy or any other hero.

1 Like

Interesting how people claim their topics are productive and respectful and not spam at all then proceed to tear into someone’s character by picking out a phrase that makes complete sense in context and trying to construe it into them being a troll even when they’ve pretty much been productive the entire thread. Two wrongs don’t make a right. What is this mess a few posts up.

4 Likes

The devs don’t balance the game, they unbalance it in new ways

1 Like

I’m not moving on from Mass Rez why would I pass up on an idea for a balanced and fun Mercy?

2 Likes

The solution to that doesn’t have to be mass rez.

1 Like

Or it does. I’ve given plenty of solutions to a whole new ultimate idea. But none has ever been looked at and just got thrown into the megatrash bin. So I’m over trying to come up with new ideas and now I’m going to shout with the masses and just ask for Resurrect ultimate Mercy back. At least she was in a balanced state and could compete with Ana in lower levels.