Most powerful lore hero

According to the lore, who would you consider to be the most powerful character?

Depends how you define “most powerful” . . .

Doomfist is the most influential/has the most political power, through his Talon associates.

Winston has the most physical power, being an immensely strong genetically enhanced gorilla.

Symmetra is potentially the most powerful, depending on the limits of hard-light construction. She’s basically a Green Lantern.

2 Likes

Genji/Hanzo are literal demi-gods able to control spirit dragons, Genji being the more powerful of the two due to enhanced cybernetics.

Doomfist has a triforce of power, he is highly intelligent both tactically and overall, has a lot of political power, and is physically powerful due to cybernetics, his gauntlet, and him naturally being in peak physical.

They are ordinary humans. Magic does not exist in Overwatch.

2 Likes

We don’t exactly have an explanation on their spirit dragons though, and knowing that they are the only ones with such power, it’d be hard to say what it is otherwise.

1 Like

I usually say Sombra. She’s truly the one pulling the strings. She can negotiate and blackmail literally everyone in hero roster. She also has some nice abilities, like, hack almost everything, teleport and invisibility. Her only weakness is her passion to superiority.

But now, I’ll do better. It’s actually Maximilien. He has a lot of money and associates. His line of motivations isn’t revealed, so his actions in lore seem weird… But what if, they actually mean something? That amount of controversial actions compares only to Reaper. Although we didn’t see Maximilien fight. Maybe he has own mind game that controls it all.

Winston.

He was able to take down Doomfist.

Then there is Symmetra, she can turn light particles into anything she wants.

1 Like

“Her only weakness is her passion to superiority”
I think her weakness is her family. Even if Sombra’s parents are dead, doesn’t have siblings, the bakery family became her family. How is it possible little girl as Alejandra knows Sombra? She has to be Sombra’s true friend/“little sister”.

Sombra is an orphan, I’m not sure that Alehandra is her relative. There’s something more interesting.

2 Likes

Geez…
To be family you don’t have to be blood-related. It’s about the family feel, that Alejandra is Sombra’s “little sister”. I am talking about that kind of relations.

Team Overwatch:
Genji is the probably the most skilled since he basically nullifies the giant Omnic Bot in Zero Hour.
Rein is strongest when it comes to brute strength.

Team Talon:
But as a bad guy Doomfist is the most powerful and possibly the smartest character in overwatch.
But Sombra, she knows something the conspiracy that controls all the major organizations in the world. And has the most powerful woman in Russia at her fingertips.

1 Like

I mean, Sigma can canonically control gravity. He could just squish anyone who was a threat to him.

2 Likes

Sigma. The dude controls gravity at his will and can summon a freaking black hole in the palm of his hand. If he was not held back by silly game limitations there’s really not much you can do to even touch him. If he even suspects someone’s out to get him, he could alter the gravity around himself so that anyone or anything trying to approach gets crushed. Doesn’t matter if there’s a sniper shooting at him from 2 miles away. That bullet ain’t going to travel normally when it enters different gravity.

I think his one true weakness (well, aside from plot armor) is his state of mind because he’s not exactly stable. I also think that, at his core, he doesn’t seem malicious at all so the conflicting emotions could hold him back.
“I’m going to crush you FROM THE INSIDE… wait, that’s nasty. I’d rather not.”

2 Likes

Winston out-punched Doomfist, and Rein is no longer in his prime. I’d say Winston is stronger, although Rein’s weapon (with superior reach) and experience in melee fighting might still make him better in a fight.

2 Likes

It depends on the definition of “powerful”.
For physical strength, probably Winston. While he got punched through a building in his enraged form he was able to stop Doomfist. Also in the very first trailer they needed several shots from Widow and Reaper to bring him down. Rein and Orisa are possibly similar in strength, with Rein able to smash several omnics with a single hammer strike and Orisa being made as some sort of anti-Doomfist weapon. Also Zarya seems to be on par with Rein, judging from their interactions.
Out of pure attack power, Genji is quite powerful. He basically destroyed half of the giant omnic alone in Zero Hour. Also he was able to withstand being punched through a car by a Doomfist punch. Doomfist himself has smart, strength and durability. And Bastion could destroy a forest in a matter of seconds.
Sigma can technically be considered immensely powerful, depending how far his control over gravity (and his mind) extends. Same for Symmetra and her light constructs.
If by powerful we mean by political influence, Sombra is definitely the top.

1 Like

On some random encounter Winston I guess. For example if 2 heroes both want to grab the last can of peanut butter in the shelf of a supermarket and it comes to a spontaneous fight, then Winston imo.
He defeated Doomfist who defeated Genji and Tracer. Moreover, Winston also won twice against Reaper. Kinda.

But with preparation and fighting spirit I believe Symmetra takes the cake.

1 Like

Widowmaker or Sombra. Widowmaker supposedly doesn’t ever miss right? And Sombra can easily hack something and whip up some blackmail. She is also invisible and can teleport.

1 Like