Most people want MMR reset

How would it screw it up? I thought most people would just end up where they already are? Who said I or anyone wouldn’t gain anything?

It’s already happened before. It took until mid season 3, start of season 4 until people were in general agreement that the ranks had settled somewhat properly.
That’s how people know it would take that long, and that’s how people know that gameplay would be terrible. People already had to put up with it once because it was necessary. They will not tolerate it again just because people with over inflated egos can’t accept that they’re just not that good. Especially when 95% of the people who would say they want a reset eventually end up exactly where they were before the reset.

2 Likes

So, it would be a self correcting problem. But the quality of matches would almost certainly drop for awhile as the system tries to figure how where people belong again. You wouldn’t want GM level players to be in gold - diamond games for an extended period of time as it lowers the quality of the the match.

Yes, people would go back to where they truly belong. But it takes time and you have much more chaotic matches until players are back to where they belong.

2 Likes

A reset would also see a lot of higher rank folks quit.

(I remember when Heroes of the Storm reset my rank. Sent me back months of grinding. I never logged on again.)

1 Like

Logic. Logic and thought tell you it will screw it up.

What happens when you put GM and masters players down in gold.
What happens when you also put bronze and silver players up in gold.

You get people roflstomping people into the ground for months until EVERYONE gets back to where they are going, and on the other end you get people ruining games because they’re in an environment they have no business being in, and they get stomped by everyone, throwing games for whatever team they are on.
The entire sense of a competitive experience is lost for a few months because games will be decided basically by what the matchmaker gives you rather than the content of how you play the game.

They will, in the end. Which for everything to catch up would take months. That is MONTHS of ruined games for everyone to end up where they already were, and at that point of realization, why the hell would you even do it in the first place, it just damages the ladder for a few months, and bam after that, literally nothing changed. It’s pointless. Usually when you assess what should be done, you look at the pros, and the cons of the situation. You saying you thought people would just end up where they already are means you know that there are ZERO PROS to the situation, so why the hell would you be willing to accept the blatantly obvious cons for nothing? That’s why it’s dumb.

Because, if you can gain something from an MMR reset, you can gain it without an MMR reset because if you truly don’t belong at whatever rank you are stuck at, YOU WILL CLIMB. If you think an mmr reset will magically make you a better player, that’s straight up delusional.

1 Like

throws a random opinion
Source: “Dude … trust me”
Yeah no. Theres only 2 types of people, those who understand what an MMR reset brings and those who want an MMR reset.

Please read the post :

4 Likes

Most people are not in high ranks so is not surprising and doesn’t mean is the right way to go.

There are better reasons for an mmr reset than “majority want it”

There is no source and you claiming that it’s just a vocal minority against a reset is not a source.

It’s not worth the mess that will happen until people are placed in the correct spot again. From GMs facing bronze players, to the outrage, lack of quality when it comes to facing those of your skill level a true MMR reset is just a dream for those who claim they should be higher than they are and those who whine that they have “boosted players” from like god knows how many seasons ago they want to claim now.

1 Like

cuz they only listen to the pros and the pros don’t want to wok for their rank unless when they are smurfing.

Ofc it is the vocal minority. who want to be hard stuck in bronze to gold elos?

Really? I didn’t get that at all. A good portion of twitter and reddit was complaining they weren’t told it was going to happen before hand. Not that it happened.

MMR is not what causes stacks to be matched differently. MMR is just a number to represent your skill.

Stacks are matched differently because the matchmaking algorithm tries to match equal sized groups (6-stack to 6-stack, 5-stack to 5-stack, etc). Obviously not always successfully (especially with moderately large groups, since there often isn’t another 4-stack or 5-stack of similar MMR), so you do get some games where stacks are not restricted to matching with other stacks.

Anyway. That’s not MMR. That’s just directly seeing that groups are groups, and matching them with other groups as much as possible.

This is the worst attempt at trolling i have seen in a while.

Are you serious?

How is my statement racist, I would say borderline bigotry, but no where have I said anything to do with race.

It is a simple statement with truth behind it, what I said is not false, prove me wrong.

Citation missing. Please update with proper sources.

1 Like

If most people want a reset why aren’t they voting yes on this poll?

https://www.strawpoll.me/18582833/

I hate you that video just stole like 3 hours from me XD

1 Like

I’m honestly not in the mood to indulge you in your delusions.

The overwhelming majority of players don’t want to have crap match quality for the next couple of months just because osho thinks that the system is holding him back

You cant make sweeping statements like that but tbh I’m for it. I wish that those GM’s had to climb out of gold just to see how they did and for then to realize the actual issues of gold.

How good are you if it’s a 5 v 6 and your mercy is being? Lol

Where was this stat released? I must have missed it. I’m a bit out of loop, sorry.