Most Forgettable Cinematic?

McCree commiting Grand Theft Ashe’ bike.

Route 66 before and after Ashe.

History between the two characters.

‘What’s in box?’ payoff and setup.

Overall a good short.

1 Like

Dva is very much crap all around, not just forgettable.

Oh right, forgot about how it’s also an echo exhibition. We still got nothing on McCree besides the fact that ashe’s introduction broke McCree’s timeline. Did they ever address that?

I’m convinced everyone who’s saying D.Va’s was the worst forgot mei’s existed. I tend to, too. Don’t worry. The whole story was already told. Lmao

2 Likes

Brigs age was modified when Torbs family tree was retconned. I think they will retcon him to be older.

I love Shooting Star, Infiltration, Alive, and Reunion. Honour and Glory is pretty awesome too.

For me, I think Dragons is probably most forgettable, but I’ve never been a Shimada fan so there’s that. And I literally had to look the shorts up to check.

2 Likes

Doesn’t change the fact that his tattoo establishes deadlock in the 1970s

They even double down on that one in the deadlock skin

I think that’s just a ‘looks cool on the logo’ thing. Like Heinz 57 varieties…

1 Like

:thinking: seems legit

But can we really assume that when they have to retcon everything else? McCree was implied to just be a regular member of deadlock originally, not a founding member. Maybe it’s because he was 17 lmao

I think someone explained that its common with the gangs as intimidation. The older the gang the more powerful they are.

Btw, did rise and shine even show how she got out of Antarctica? I’ve literally never felt obligated to watch that one more than once

McCree’s for sure.
D.VA’s is up there, but since it was all about her, I guess it lingers more.

McCree’s short was basically an Ashe introduction.
The post-ending scene is pretty funny though, but it’s still only about Ashe.

2 Likes

Someone said me one week ago that Meis journal is about how she get out of Antractica and traveled around the world.

Kinda.

There is a map showing a path to the next communication station, and Mei is shown leaving pulling a bunch of equipment in her sleigh.

So, it’s implied she is moving to that station, where she can call for help. But it’s never said out loud.

God, that’s so funny. The cinematic really did nothing we didn’t already know from ecopoint: Antarctica, eh. Didn’t even characterize Mei because we already knew her personality and it didn’t subvert her at all.

so… They didn’t show the only thing that would have been new info… Do people really rank this one high just because “muh emotional?”

man, I feel so bad for mccree. My mans deserved a better cinematic. He was hot at least

Founding member doesn’t mean he was particularly important at the founding.

I’m not a Shimada fan, but Dragon’s story, with the allegory between Hanzo/Genji and the Dragon of the North/South, as well as the fight/action scenes made it an extremely strong cinematic.

The cinematic did a good job of showing us who Hanzo is as a person and what both Shimada’s are capable of.

IMO, Honor and Glory is by far the strongest cinematic, but Dragons and The Last Bastion are still extremely well done.

That will also apply to D.VA, Soldier, Mei and Sombra.

I mean, Last Bastion and Honour and Glory beat it on emotion in spades. I remember holding back tears on the to bus to Last Bastion :sob:

Oh and just watched Dragons again, it is actually pretty good.

1 Like

The only new info was that Winston was the one responsible to wake her up. Without his global recall, probably she would stay sleeping until the last batteries die.

Also, that snowball have freedom to choose to self-sacrifice, which begs the question if it’s an omnic.

Definitely Recall (the one with Reap-a-deep-deep and Winston)

1 Like