More TECHNICAL PROBLEMS

Other people have been having problems right? It takes me like 10 logins to get into the game? and the lag has been crazy lately? I see someone and shoot at them and there not there? People teleporting? Blizzard whats going on

1 Like

Same here. I’ve been trying to convince BlizzardCS it isn’t just me, but it’s taking time.

• High latency, especially spikes, into the 200s.
  • Massive slides, teleports, etc.
  • Loss of audio - ult callouts don’t play, canned chat doesn’t show up in text
  • Almost a 100% chance for a spike to occur when hitting a checkpoint or going into OT (this is my finding, IDK if it’s universal)

I have tried the following with no success:

• Restarted my PS4
  • Restarted my router
  • Restarted my modem
  • Connected my PS4 directly to my modem
  • Reinstalled the game
  • Tried a different console
  • Ran the Looking Glass test on my console (high numbers in bad places if I’m reading it right)

An example of the gameplay issues this is causing can be found here. The latency only spikes into the 125 range, but today I’m seeing over 200.

2 Likes

The symptoms you describe sound like pure connection issues. I suggest running a WinMTR test and we can see where exactly your problems are occuring:

WinMTR instructions:

1. Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 12.34.56.78:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 12.34.56.78
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:

• US West - 24.105.30.129
  • US Central - 24.105.62.129
  • Brazil - 54.207.107.12
  • Europe - 185.60.114.159
  • Europe - 185.60.112.157
  • Korea - 211.234.110.1
  • Taiwan - 203.66.81.98

Since you are on console, make sure that these console specific troubleshooting steps are completed, otherwise you will need to run a WinMTR from a Windows computer that is connected to the same local network as your console (see steps above).

Dude, stop suggesting this on every single one of these posts… this is down to Blizzard servers, not the users. There are too many variations and devices that are having trouble for it to be our internets, plus other games are 100% playable on PS4… just not Overwatch

2 Likes

Not all players are affected by whatever is causing the disconnect, which points to ISP or routing issues. WyomingMyst is trying to get players to post data that can help diagnose the issue, or be collected for staff to present to ISPs and routing partners.

Just to clarify how connections to games work: not all games are hosted in the same cities, and your ISP doesn’t use the same route to reach every company. This is why you can play some games fine and can’t connect to others at a given point. Blizzard can’t fix these issues on their own because the ISP and routes are not their responsibility. However, they can encourage companies to fix their network, but need WinMTR data demonstrating the actual issue. Just saying “I am disconnecting” or “I am lagging” isn’t enough to make any change happen. Help them help you.

Sorry but what a load of BS. This sounds like Blizzard covering their arses because their servers are screwed. They just won’t admit it. I have a 11 match penalty because of leaving early from QP matches… all because I’ve been testing every single day to see if they fixed the problem. It’s making me want to delete the game and have done. It was fine until the 3rd, which is when everyone started posting about it in the forums. So what did Blizzard do on the 3rd to screw the servers up? And I would like to not have an 11 match penalty all because I’ve had to test in a proper match if their crappy server is fixed or not.

Aren’t you tired of blaming Blizzard? :sleeping: Is it possible your issue is related to the routing partners in Texas? Data-Gathering for Connection Issues When Routed Through Dallas Region [Dec. 7]

If enabling a VPN fixes the issue, and the same Overwatch servers are being used, it shows that the problem is ISPs and routing partners. Example:

1 Like

I’m in the UK, so no I’m not tired of blaming Blizzard, ta very much

Then post networking tests so there is proof of a problem, otherwise you’re complaining into the void.

Alot of people are having this same problem. Im waiting for Blizzard to do somthing