Blabla 15 characters

I don’t. Don’t really like the feel of hold to boost.

1 Like

wait hold to boost exists? will try.

1 Like

I’m personally not a fan of hold to boost, it feels really awkward to use.

1 Like

I’d write one for other heroes, if… you know, I had the same amount of experience I have on D.Va, on other heroes instead. I don’t think anyone would want a guide on Orisa from someone that has played her for 10 hours maybe, and can play her only at roughly mid diamond level, for example. Same for Reinhardt, or Hog. Although at least there’s a few more hours on Hog. But still only about 20-25.

1 Like

@Seva I’m not necessarily saying you have to, but other top 500 players should make guides similar to this one

"Here’s how you play D.va and her role:

shrugs"

Ofcourse, just saying that if I could, I probably would do it for other heroes aswell.

1 Like

Can’t post from the Seva account, but I just want to say:

More or less major edit, any questions will be added to the OP in the new questions section, so they’re all closer together rather than spread throughout the thread. Also includes some questions from the old thread, including the one I mentioned at the beginning of the post that I just completely missed.

Why you can’t?

Anyway, good detailed work, so… have a like. Even though it’s about the character I used to love, and now all I’ve got is hate ;p

Can’t have the same account post twice in a row.
Or, well, not the same account that made the thread, apparently.

Bump, deserves more attention. Thanks!

Too bad this forum only really seems to care about “NERF X PLS OP OMG” threads, or response threads to those. Oh well.

How to play d.va

Fly at any 250hp and below hero, shoot them, use micro missiles, kill them in under a second because, “we at blizzard do not like tanks being able to one-shot btw d.va btw roadhog can still one-shot,” proceed to always be viable because you are a waifu so blizzard will not nerf you.

2 Likes

Oh, look. Bronze strats that don’t work as soon as people start understanding what counterplay is. Aka 4200, apparently.

If D.Va doing that is a oneshot, Tracer one shots like 80% of the cast. Not to mention D.Va is also using all of her abilities and is either trading 1 for 1 like that, or dies without getting a kill.

1 Like

you forget what happens to dva after

the boost matrix boost loop is already gone after the 2sec nerf matrix

I have nearly 500 hours with D.va and I was not aware of a melee animation cancel…

Hi, I’m new to overwatch and starting out playing D.va. I have a really basic question but when do you call your mech? When you eject and explode your mech, it doesn’t automatically call another one. Instead, you decide when you want to call it. Since it doesn’t come automatically right away, this leads me to believe there might be situations where you don’t want to call your mech right away. Why would you ever not immediately call your mech after ejecting? Is there any advantage to not being in the mech?

Well, you certainly don’t want to be next to an enemy that can just cancel it right away, like McCree. You also generally don’t want to just be out in the open, so try to get a little more towards cover before calling it.

It kinda depends on if there are enemies that can kill you right away or CC you out of it right next to you or have LoS on you and are looking at you. If they aren’t paying attention to you, then you could also just call it right there, but if they are then I personally wouldn’t do it and I’d get behind a wall first.

One advantage is that Baby D.Va can be rather hard to hit for hitscan, and can surprise people with her damage if you can aim it well. And some heroes, like a Winston, can be baited by being Baby D.Va. The moment he jumps you, you call your mech and he is now right infront of you, without his jump, and you have your mech. Generally though, there are more disadvantages than advantages. The biggest being you’re down a tank but in turn have a mediocre/bad DPS with 150 health and 0 abilities.

Let me just list the different heroes and how I would do it. Note this does mean they’re more or less paying attention to you as you ult.

Offense

Doomfist - If he has his rightclick, I wouldn’t. If he doesn’t, then you could probably get away with it.

Genji - He has the damage with or without his shift so I’d try getting to cover first here, if he isn’t focused on someone else.

McCree - If he has flashbang he’ll just cancel your mech call with it. Headshot does a lot of damage too so probably better to ADAD crouch spam to cover before trying to call it.

Pharah - Difficult. Depending on the timing you could get away with it.

Reaper - If he’s close enough to actually do damage you really shouldn’t call your mech. You’ll just enter it at 10 health and just lose it again right away. Better to either try and fight him with ADAD crouch spam or try and get to cover.

Soldier - Has the damage with helix, could be risky if he’s paying attention to you, in which case you should probably get to cover.

Sombra - Can just hack you so that’s going to be a little difficult. Probably want to get behind cover while trying to stop her from hacking with your pistol.

Tracer - ADAD crouch spam through her first clip, call mech when she reloads and it should be fine.

Defense

Bastion - Just don’t call it infront of Sentry. I’d try to force him to back off with ADAD crouch spam while aiming at his head.

Hanzo - Difficult. Can 1 shot you. Cover is probably your best bet.

Junkrat - Same as for Hanzo.

Mei - Same as for Hanzo and Junkrat.

Torbjörn - Just don’t do it right infront of him or while the turret is focusing you.

Widow - Same as Hanzo, Junkrat and Mei.

Tank

D.Va - Assuming in mech, can dive you, but needs to be really close to you, otherwise she won’t even reach you.

Orisa - Can pull you with halt, but it doesn’t cancel your mech call. Could be risky depending on how quickly the Orisa can aim at your head and how close she is, so cover is usually the safer bet.

Reinhardt - Yeah don’t even go near him outside of mech. Ever.

Roadhog - If he has hook, don’t. Get cover.

Winston - Doesn’t have that much damage, and if he jumps you can instantly call mech and he won’t be able to kill you in time usually.

Zarya - High charge has enough damage, otherwise probably does not have enough. Either way cover is safer.

Support

Ana - If she has sleep, it’s a bit risky, and I wouldn’t try without cover.

Lúcio - Usually doesn’t have the damage unless the Lúcio has good aim.

Mercy - ?

Moira - Doesn’t have enough damage either.

Symmetra - Could do it with a fully charged rightclick but that requires her to be quite close. Closer than you should be.

Zenyatta - With good aim and reflexes he does have the damage, otherwise he doesn’t.

Again, this is assuming they’re paying attention to you and that you didn’t already go to cover before your ult even went off, which is what I always do. But basically, to sum it up, if they have CC that can cancel it, cover. If they can one shot you, cover. If they have the potential to do enough burst damage, cover. If they are reloading and don’t have any CC or damage abilities? That’s a chance to call your mech. But yeah, generally, get to cover before your ult goes off, then call it there. Safest way to do it, and that’s how I do it. Or at least, make sure there aren’t any enemies around able to kill you at the time your ult goes off and you call mech.

wow what a good thread

someone tell me how to bookmark things on mobile