Monthly Subscriptions will save OW

Don’t complain as blizzard loves the $$$ and if it’s $10 a month per account then if your smurf accounts matter so much then you can pay to keep those alternate accounts active .
I won’t come back still, but it be more fair for the lower ranks to minimize alternate accounts

1 Like

Terrible idea, you already pay for the full game.

14 Likes

I’m afraid nothing will save the game now. It also looks like the company is in such hot water that they may be completely shut down. Only time will tell.

6 Likes

$10 a month to play this neglected mess? No thanks :skull:

13 Likes

LOL blizzard will not shut down.

5 Likes

That is true however some online games require a subscription. That the only idea I’ have for it hahaha

This, also I don’t see why I have to give money to someone who completely threw his own game in the garbage bin, imagine payin each month for 2 years of no contents

3 Likes

I guess you are thinking about World of Warcraft, while the game is “free” it requires paying monthly to pay, which to be honest I really hate the idea of.

When I pay for a game, I want to be able to play it anytime and for how long I want without being forced/pressured to play more because it is monthly subscription

10 Likes

No way am I gonna pay a subscription for “Tank Diff the Game”.

3 Likes

You mean kill, only f2p+battlepass system will save OW’s dying playerbase.

3 Likes

I can barely bring myself to play this game as is. For $10/month I’ll never touch it again lol.

8 Likes

The fact that you think this will save the game :skull:

2 Likes

this is exactly what’s wrong with the game
“i paid for the game so i have a right to throw”

the $10/month would just be for comp, if u wanna be a leech for this dead game and pay nothing then u can still play quickplay/arcade/custom games.

the $10 buy in would just be for people who play comp.

if ppl really want to keep the free ranked mode that already exists that’s fine, but give us a premium ranked system with people who actually care.

the entitlement ppl have about a dead game is so mind boggling.

A subscription to comp would actually weed out so many smurfs that ppl love to come here and complain about,
but people just want a 4 year long problem to magically go away.

u know what other game was considered dead?
Final Fantasy XIV Online
It has an online subscription and guess what their devs did? they rebuilt the entire game from the ground up and now it’s considered one of the top MMO Games on the market.

u cannot have it both ways

5 Likes

ActiBlizz is worth 65 Billion dollars.

Also, just because an incident happened doesn’t mean ActiBlizz is liable. For each incident they have to show that ActiBlizz both knew of that specific incident, and failed to take appropriate action.

Even if all of it is proven in court, a few tens of millions in legal fees and a few hundred million in damages isn’t going to bankrupt the company.

3 Likes

Exactly and your idea is a little better as comp subscription be great as well as weed out out so many people.

You do understand the valuation right now is mostly CoD and King. Blizzard prolly less than 15-20 billion on its own at best by now. Seeing their numbers separately might even have pushed the valuation lower.

1 Like

I bet the “premium ranked” will only have 10 people, even less than Open Queue xDD

1 Like

see now the issue is that the majority of the community already dont like the lack of content. how are they gonna justify a subscription when the game is barely being worked on?
lets not even talk about the pr nightmare it would be.

It’s just different branding, and all one corporate entity, and the claim was “the company is in such hot water that they may be completely shut down.”

But even supposing they only meant Blizzard…

It’s not like Activision-Blizzard can escape anything by selling or spinning off Blizzard and becoming just Activision again… the expected financial consequences of the lawsuit would be factored into such a transaction. Nor are they going to turn off the lights on World of Warcraft, Diablo, or Overwatch. While not as good as it used to be, WoW is still a reliable earner, and they’ve already put a ton of resources into Diablo II ressurected, Diablo IV and OW2.

Of course, there’s a small chance that the Blizzard name is removed and everything is rebranded “Activision” if the suit drags on long enough and muddies their name badly enough, but these sorts of things usually start with a lot of noise, and then after some months of procedural delaying they quietly settle.

They can just sell it and get it off their books. Honestly they would likely profit immensely. God knows how many studios EA has shutdown over the years and let me ensure you they are doing just fine.

I mean its not the suit its just the quality of their products at this point. Everything is toxic and bad. ATVI bear a lot of responsibility for that. Literally everyone knows that. It is the way they do bussiness. Blizz never were the “cod” product to be milked that way and we have seen the effects of that mindset.