Monkey - FPS issues on 144Hz

Thanks for using Pastebin, it’s always so much easier to read :slight_smile:

I think your issues could be caused by any of these errors showing up:

• Corsair drivers for peripherals reporting issues.
  • Wacom Tablet software (can sometimes interfere with GPU trying to write to monitor).
  • Voicemod.exe and Audiog.exe are both reporting crashes, so it might be time to reinstall your audio drivers (can also just check for Windows updates as they include them occasionally).

Hi Nicole,
I checked for updates on the Corsair engine my keyboard is running on, and it seems there are no updates, should I consider reinstalling it? My Wacom tablet is not plugged in and no Wacom software seems to have started up on my PC upon restart… Voicemod I uninstalled, and I still run on a low of 90FPS when I should be running at 144FPS. My GPU underwent the FurMark stress test as well and ran that at 122FPS. I’m very surprised and confused as to what’s happening…

Regards,
Monkey

You’re in your own thread now, since it’s easier to troubleshoot one player per thread.

I’m wondering if this is an issue with the cable? Beyond that, I’d recommend opening a ticket, since they can collect more info on the software your PC is running and check for conflicts (something you don’t want to share on the public forum).

No I am not using any Razer Devices, here’s the DxDiag file via Pastebin:
GVR8dCng

Sorry, the post order got a little messy. Replying in case you need to add something!

Actually, it could very well be the cable… Hmm, I’ll try that! I do recall accidentally hitting the desk more than I actually wanted to and my monitor blacking out, then my system froze because of it and I reinstalled it and strange things happened. I’ll stop by the store to grab a new one and let you know by tomorrow.

Also P.S. - I went to the technical support via live chat and they said that they can’t really help me with this issue. I’ll try again tomorrow though…

Thanks!
Monkey

It might be because they don’t consider anything above 60fps a “problem,” but I understand this is frustrating when you’re used to 144 and then get something less.

So I replaced the displayport cable… nothing happened. Part of me wants to say that this is a bug on the games side to be honest. I’ve seen a lot of complaints regarding practically the same issue I’m facing, but I don’t know how I or others can get blizzard to investigate the issue. I’m certain my 1080 is in healthy condition, hell, geforce experience seems to think I can render out overwatch on ultra… I dunno, this is frustrating though.

Maybe something in one of these posts can help?

Another user recommended a reinstall and then the correct Hz rate appeared.

Just tried reinstalling, game appears to render 110 frames now instead of 90, improvement, but not chugging the 144 frames… I’ll just stick to running low graphics even though it makes me disappointed my 1080 isn’t being used to it’s high potential anymore but… Performance over quality right?

And just to double-check, did you turn on 144hz for the Windows desktop, and also enable it in the GPU control panel as well?

It’s set to 144hz on both

I think I’ve been misunderstanding your issue. You have the 144hz option in game and on Windows, you’re just not getting 144 fps to play with? And you’re using one card for 3 monitors? I think if you remove a monitor from the equation, you will see a boost in your fps. For some reason I read what you were saying as only getting 100Hz. Sorry I didn’t realize you were having a performance problem and not a settings problem.

I managed to fix the issue with the FPS. For some reason activating G-SYNC seems to have stabilized the issue with the staggering, and I just set the graphics to low so I get more frames.

Kind of sad Overwatch can’t run ultra graphics anymore but… It’s whatever, performance at this point is more important than quality.

So I appreciate your help throughout this painstaking process, Nicole. I really appreciate it!