Monke Ult Frustration

Sniper Monke is fun and all, but what about his ultimate?
With 1 less tank to “absorb” damage it will feel AWFUL to build a primal just to get obliterated in a few seconds
Learning to juggle with Monke is absolutely freaking hard. Some GM’s don’t even do it properly because in their own words “It’s too hard”
Now, I like that there’s some difficulty added on a specific aspect of the game, it makes it so there’s skill and it feels really rewarding when you master certain aspects of the game, just watch OWL pros playing Monke and you’ll notice it.
But what’s for the rest of mortals?
Why would I play Monke over other tank heroes that have way more impactful ults that require much less skill? Why would I even play tank in the first place?

Plus, mastering the Primal rage doesn’t absolutely mean you will get an impact with it. I’ve seen High Elo Monkes like Bogur get obliterated or do some crazy juggle but the enemy just gets a little bit of healing and he’s safe. Not to forget about all the boops that can fork up the ultimate. I’ve even seen Soldier: 76 escape from a lethal environmental boop by Monke primal just by using helix rockets, and then tanking the full damage of the ult with his healing station.

Why are heroes like Lucio, Brig, Doomfist allowed to have this boop on a low cooldown for easy kills and plays and then there’s heroes like Monke that require AN ULT that takes a lot of time to build up just to get lower value with it unless you’re basically a Monke God. Not to forget the stun clown fiesta and exploding simulator.

Buff my boi’s ultimate somehow Blizzard, idk give it more damage or something.

BTW I’m still begging you to remove the ult generation passive to allow for faster ult generation and instead give tanks a global damage % resistance!

2 Likes

They are nerfing healing, hope they also rework some aoe heal abilties etc. Also I really hope, that they seriously nerf tank busters like Hanzo, Echo, Cass and a little bit of a falloff nerf to Tracer too. Maybe then Primal Winston lasts more than 2 secs.

Discord and mercy damage boost also need some percentage nerfs

2 Likes

Amen brother, AMEN :pray:

As a Tank main, I ask myself the same question everyday .

1 Like

They should honestly give Monke infinite HP when he’s in Primal imo. That way the ult wouldn’t be complete garbage

It’s not all about juggling though, that’s just something you do given the good oppurtunity

Use his ult to push people out of position, mess with the enemy formation, launch that Sigma into your team so he gets eaten alive, whatever

There’s more to primal than putting people in a corner or off the map

If they go through with 5v5, don’t offer 2/2/2 Role Q QP/Comp as an alternative mode and it gets as bad as I expect it to, then I simply won’t play Tank anymore :woman_shrugging:

1 Like