Moira rework is AWFUL

OMG, I can’t believe it. Her Orb feels ridiculously weak now. It’s the worst change you’ve ever made to her by far. Pleaaaase don’t move this to live. First things first: not going trough shields is absolutely horrible and really really sucks. But combine it with this stick mechanic and it really kills her. But don’t go thinking removing the shield nerf is gonna make it even. The sticky orb is awful. Moira just feels like a weak Symmetra that heals now. The nerf to the soft lock is completely okay, but please, don’t let this orb pass. If that’s what it takes to make the Fade buff, then don’t buff it. This changes how Moira plays dramatically, and for the worse.

82 Likes

they dont have a clue what they are doing with her and it shows. should feel ashamed of themselves really

59 Likes

They clearly don’t even know what to do with some characters at this point. No one can convince me that i am not right. Moira is in a good spot.

OWL literally ruined this game.

62 Likes

What shields? :rofl: :rofl:

We have shields in OW? oh you mean the tissue paper some characters have :open_mouth:

Going back to Moira. Yeah… they’ve completely lost their minds. The rework is so awful, I can’t even begin to describe.

Literally, just nerf her secondary fire like on EXP and giver her +5 HPS on primary. Call it a day.

16 Likes

the fade changes aren’t buffs either tbh

3 Likes

Fade “buff” is super niche, to the point you can’t really get value out of it unless you screw yourself over, a problem that is exacerbated by her new orb, i.e., you use fade to benefit your team but now you don’t have your escape and new orb is weaker, so you’re even more likely to die cuz you can’t duel as well as before. Basically, it’s a nerf since the “buff” isn’t that viable, longer CD, can you can’t fade out of grav anymore.

Also, now that she can’t do damage nearly as consistently or effectively (it’s low, consistent damage, plus she’s marketed as a hybrid dps-healer anyway) Moira is literally a healbot. If they hate damage orb THIS much, please, rework it entirely. Give her some form of applicable buff for her team or debuff against enemy heroes that replaces the damage orb. The presence of ANY shield makes this new orb entirely useless. It’s a projectile, a relatively slow moving projectile at that, and only bounces once, and it’s a 9-second cooldown. Basically a worthless ability at the moment, unless you’re point blank range against any non-tank hero barring hog since any competent ball could easily avoid the orb.

9 Likes

I kind of agree, they should take the damage orb away completely - that way there would be far fewer awful DPS moiras out there.

2 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2:
We all ask that Moira takes more skill. Then we hate it when abilities change to require accuracy.

7 Likes

what her damage orb got nerfed?

The Orb nerfs seem fair combined with the utility fade now has.

And this is why they don’t visit the forums & don’t share what kind of balance changes they’re thinking lol, thanks for the example!

4 Likes

Honestly the thing that confuses me the most is probably that Moira is the most balanced character they have. Why do they keep trying to demolish her a build her again when the game has a plethora of OP and UP heroes they could be balancing. I mean this is like the 5th experimental card on her, give it a break. Congratulate yourselves that you got one right and move onto the ones you got wrong.

19 Likes

Except the orbs are extremely easy to dodge, they only move at 25m per second. It’s less of you being good at aiming them and more of the enemy not paying attention and walking into it.

11 Likes

I think it’s fair to reduce the number of bounces, given how much of a death trap damage orb is in enclosed spaces. That, or maybe they could reduce the maximum amount of damage it could do to a single target (reduce it to 100?) so it’s less of a guaranteed win in 1v1s for Moira, at least, if the other person isn’t a tank or competent dps.

Because she is too easy to get value off. And frankly her gameplay is getting boring. I welcome changes that force players to think before using abilities. And abilities that require accuracy to pull off. And I like to see moira get team based utility.

1 Like

Here is the thing. She is not

2 Likes

Have you tried using the “utility” of fade? It’s so niche and if you do use it, you now have no escape and are highly vulnerable.

2 Likes

Its really bad. I hope it doesnt go through.

Isnt she fine as she is? Shes not exactly a must pick anymore

4 Likes

Valid argument. Really well done.

1 Like

im not ashamed of MY statement i really believe it to be true

exactly

3 Likes