"Moira is overreacting"

Like the demolishing Orisa, Brig and Sigma ones? Yeah…

1 Like

It’s be save your self or save team and be killed.
this ability is ok but can’t be used as developers would wanted to.

I understand why they removed it.
Either have it on a long cooldown which would break Moira or remove it because it could be too powerful.
But in what tarnation should be fading out be good now?

Correct! We have a winner :smiley:

Hint: its not worth it.

See if you dial an oracle, they will tell you the second somebody is planing to use a one shot ability so you can time your 0.8 seconds of fade to come out of it at the exact place and time it will take place and be a hero.

first statement states that the cleanse is huge since ana antnade would no longer counter moira heals

second statement probably after hearing that the cleanse does not clease anti nade like it did in the first iteration states that the cleanse is not huge if it does not cleanse anti nade.

i read perfectly fine

1 Like

No it isn’t how it should be. Moira is supposed to counter Genji. She does and should have an advantage against him. This patch is stripping away her advantages against him.

I swear, did everyone just… forget that Moira was created because Genji had advantages against every other support in the game?

Nice straw man you’ve got there. I never mentioned Scatter. Also Scatter wasn’t particularly skillful because it was basically “Shoot the feet, deliver long ranged shotgun blast.” and didn’t have to mess with predicting angles and using level geometry.

4 Likes

Literally copy/pasted from the announcement:

I don’t see that disclaimer on any of the experimental changes for Brig, or Sigma, or Orisa.

1 Like

Right, but here’s the thing…

Either there are shields and they’ll explode Damage Orb or there aren’t shields and no one will be grouped up within 4 meters of each other. Either way, she isn’t going to be racking up the AoE damage.

1. Meters.

people will be able to step apart nearly instantly and take nearly zero AoE damage from this.

Not that much faster considering how much more precise you have to be with it.

That potential you will never see outside of Grav. Especially since Halt! got butchered. Also if Orb is the only AoE damage you are throwing into a Grav, you’re doing it very wrong.

Only stupid people try to stick to their guns about something they dont know. Its so clear that you haven’t even tried the experimental yet since you are commenting stupid s…t like “You have to aim?!”. I am moira main that plays in around diamond. I been playing the new experimental for the past 2 hours, and landed 3 damage orbs so far… 3… 720 damage my a…, to land something like that you have to go behind enemy lines and flank…with your support character leaving your team behind. the orb is way to obvious, and gets stopped after 1 bounce or hits a shield or somebody SLIGHTLY moves to left or right.

Only OW says something like we want her to be more viable while utterly gutting a character

1 Like

if you land this ability and they have one person within 1 m of them you are guaranteed 30 ish damage (a little more i believe ) before the person can leave the aoe range and this is assuming instant reaction which doesnt happen. you can assume that if you hit someone with this ability and they have someone near them you should on avg be getting at least 40 damage per additional person in aoe damage so if its a group of three you can get the old 200 damage before they disperse. when up against bap or moira as healer at least in higher ranks the enemy team is much more likely to play grouped in oder to take advantage of aoe heals even in double off tank meaning that you will be able to get value with moira against teams who have these healers even when up against teams with say ana zen the tanks play together as do the healers so you can get value from that. there are some situations where old orb is better but once people get better at landing new orb (if it goes live) which they will the damage will be more consistently better and the 1v1 damage in new orb is higher thanks to a higher dps allowing moira to get kills faster than current orb since grasp plus orb would be 110 dps and there wouldn’t be inconsistent damage from the orb and since the orb would stick to the person moira wouldn’t need to only take fights in confined spaces where she can guarantee the orb coming back.

This is Overwatch… not group hug simulator. Nobody is going to be grouped up within 1m of their teammates.

You want to know why?
Grav, Hammer Down, Rip Tire, Barrage, Death Blossom, Meteor Strike.

All of those and more means that nobody’s ever going to be within 1m of their team… unless they are behind a shield. Trans levels of AoE healing might also get people to group up that tightly. Your supposed extra value is just not going to happen.

nerf moira more shes over reacting go back to the lab

This is why Blizzard doesnt listen You want them to cater to everyone but when they cater to the low ranks who most if them hate Moira they get backlash. This is one of the reasons I’m on Blizzard’s Side they will always be complaints. Besides Moira literally has the lowest Skill ceiling in the game with one of the lowest Skill floors. The Easy Value she gets is quite sad so They are making her more skillfull which thank god and She may be changed depending of what happens. Her Range also needs to be reduced.

Honestly these changes would make her broken at higher rank.

That is, it’s intended to make her more rewarding but harder to play, which is what the community has begged for since long before she became meta with the initial start of role queue.

That’s like the most biased wording possbile :smiley: Yeah, it’s reduced, but it does 100% of the damage if it hits! That’s like not remotely true for the current orb

1 Like

Max damage is actually increased…say it latches onto a foritified Orisa, and 5 teammates are around her and don’t move, it will deal 60 dps to each one of her teammates for 4 seconds, and 120 damage to the Orisa. That is up to 1320 damage. On a 10 s cooldown.

You’re leaving out arguably the worst change, a 33% increase in Fade CD.

When you stack it all together, it spells doom for Moira. Her damage loses some reliability. Her orb loses A TON of reliability, as well as total damage. Her escape option loses a ton of accessibility. All of those changes together would represent a huge hit to her survivability.

What happens if Moira gets dove by a flanker now? She’s got a much harder time hitting them with her primary, she can no longer use her orb as a tool to make space for herself, and she’s punished way harder for burning her fade.

These changes reek of flanker complaints. All of these changes that we’re being told are to let her be “more impactful” just so happen to also tank her ability to deal with hypermobile, squishy targets. And I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this is happening right after Orisa’s halt and Brig’s whole kit were gutted.

For whatever reason (hint: OWL money), Blizz wants mobile heroes to be tearing apart the backlines, and it’ll remove however many counterplay options it needs to before it gets what it wants.

2 Likes

I think its the other way, as hitting once will always do the full damage.

1 Like

Maybe someone can answer this, but what’s the point of the fade if it doesn’t cleanse? They increased the CD by 2 seconds, but what realistically are you going to use the 1 sec AoE fade for?

3 Likes