Moira healing nerf

Well just use the orb to help get you through Sym’s 15 second Ult.

Count Zenyatta’s ultimate as well because it requires LOS. If the fight happens near the barrier and someone is left outside, he/she is not getting healed because of the barrier.

Congratulations on them making Mercy once again the most reliable, overtuned healer with the least risks in game.

3 Likes

We still have a problem with players using Moira for attack and letting teammates die around them. Hence any kind of nerf to her healing is completely contrary to the goal of making DPS players want to learn to heal.

Orb is useful but not 100 reliable because it bounces everywhere and chances are your teammates Will accidentally walk out of range of it.

4 Likes

i never asked for moira to get a nerf

Moira is a close range healer. She has limited range unlike any other healer. She has no way to get to high ground or heal from afar other than her orb which is ridiculous to heal a far away target with. She needs to heal through barriers. Why do barriers hold so much power in this game? they’re everywhere.

2 Likes

You can’t blame or nerf a character because people insist on using them wrong…

True, but most areas you can reliably bounce it back and forth between two walls or the roof and ceiling.

1 Like

i was just thinking of situations where your team is weaving in and out of the barrier to get the enemy, it’ll just be unreliable.

they do a great job making mercy the only reliable main healer.

2 Likes

Do barriers block Trans? I though only walls (like Mei’s) and things that actually broke line of sight does that.

1 Like

Barriers block Trans as mentioned even by Muma from Houston Outlaws.

Oh ):

/20characters.

:man_shrugging: guess either swap if there are too many barriers or time your orbs better now I guess lol

Finally. Now the difference betweeen Mercy and the other supports (aside from the powerhose Brigitte) should seem even more obvious, and she can have some tweaking done of her own.

Thank god. I am so happy this is finally happening; it’s the one bit of balance I’m happy about this patch. (Well, its almost the only bit of balance at all this patch…)

1 Like

It has to be intentional. It’s like they went out of their way to not mention Sombra.

2 Likes

You learn something new everyday…

Moira was arguably the most balanced hero in the game. Why were any resources diverted to changing that?!

4 Likes

It’s a bug allegedly

I honestly think this is a pretty unnecessary change, was it really such a big issue? I have to live with this annoyance playing Ana, and I get the reasoning, but with Moira it just seems weird.

1 Like

This has been mentioned as a bug virtually since her release, and I’ve been bringing it up as something that needs to be fixed (as they promised) since then. I am super happy they did, though all it does it make Mercy even more the only viable main healer in the game. She needs to be tweaked down, despite the fact that Jeff said ‘she’s not being looked at’.

Mercy being a must pick almost every game both sides for almost all comp and professional matches for nearly nine months is inexcusable.