Moira has no lock-on 👏

I think that most of the people don’t know how different types of damage work and it won’t even affect their judgement when deciding whether to block or not. Also, it’s pretty rare for moiras(at least at my rank) to try and flank kill someone while there’s a tank near by.

Not even her orb does. People just get confused by visual effects. It is a moving AoE that gives beam visuals to things that fall into its radius.

Easier to link to the last time I saw this.

I’m just glad I can run behind a wall and Morias beam will still hit me for 100 damage. Make Moria actually have to aim, and stop her beam from clipping walls. Problem solved.

I feel like it definitely stays attached for a short interval when people go behind cover or dash behind you… I don’t even know what people are arguing for when they say “IT ISN’T A LOCK ON”. Like who cares if it is exactly like Symm’s old beam, it is so easy to hit peope with and will continue to do dmg for a short interval when line of sight is lost, might aswell be a lock on.

Is that a problem though? The beam damage is low and she is there to counter high mobility heroes like Genji, you can’t pretend it takes any sort of tracking or anything though.

We did! I’ve tried to find the post but I don’t remember the exact time frame or which developer it was. I have a feeling that it was Jeff though.

It doesn’t linger. However favor the shooter and latency can produce these effects.

Why do people keep clarifying this technicality over and over as if it somehow changes
something and makes Moira seem more skillful? Her “aim” hit box is so forgiving that it might as well be lock-on.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. i would still like to see moira have a Zarya/symmetra-ish tracking beam. It would make her more skill based.

imagine if they would actually answer questions … bazyllion of nonsense threads would never even exist
but

nobody reads forums nor answer any question or ideas

1 Like

Moira’s beam has a hitbox that is significantly larger than the actual visual effect used for it. Because of this the animation will sometimes have to be curved for the visual beam to touch the target.

So, no, it is not in fact a lock on. But, why would anyone in the first place call it a lock on when its not?

Because when you call something a lock on (in this context, it is trying to be insulting) it is insinuating you don’t have to aim well to use it effectively. And Moira’s beam most definitely does not require good aim.

So, basically, it’s called a lock-on as a insult. People say it to get an easy point across, that point being you don’t have to aim to use it, therefore you have no skill and I am superior to you, because I have skill. Saying lock-on is easier than saying it’s a beam with a over-sized hit box and under-sized visual.

The lesson learned here is, don’t play semantics, no one gives a crap, nobody cares, you just look salty. That isn’t to say the people who call it a lock on aren’t salty, they are too, but you also look salty too now.

1 Like

but it isn’t lock on and it only does 50dps. With perfect tracking it will take a moira player 4 seconds to kill the average hero. Realistically it’s more like 5-6s.

Who cares? If it takes just as little skill aim-wise, then why does it matter if people think it’s lock-on? People still won’t respect it.

Realistically, it’s four unless the character has the mobility to avoid her gigantic aim box. 1v1, it’s even less than that because she has the damage orb. There’s a reason she’s top tier in Deatmatch. She ruins the mode more than any other character.

nobody cares because when people are referring to “soft lock” they’re referring to very generous aim requirements and not a literal lock-on

It’s not about respect. It’s about misinformation.

New profile joe creating new account just to avoid getting trash talked on forum, is trash talking others.
thats a YIKES!!!

There are videos on youtube talking about earth being flat.

• All the pros say moira has lockon
  • even the OWL casters say its a lockon.
    But, forum low rank andys, says otherwise.
    its a complete joke that post like this is created and believe it.

wrong. if you’re using her beam on someone and another enemy walks in front of them it does NOT stay locked on the first person

That’s literally what I said???

bUt iTs A lOcK oN bEaM iT lItTeRaLlY fOlLoWs YoU wHeN yOu MoVe

(No, srsly. It’s strictly not a lock-on, why do some players think it still is?)

Nobody cares, though. It doesn’t change the nature of the complaint, so the technical misinformation is inconsequential.

Mei’s hitbox is so forgiving, it might as well be lock-on.
Reaper’s hitbox is so forgiving, it might as well be lock-on.
Roadhog’s hitbox is so forgiving, it might as well be lock-on.
Doomfist’s hitbox is so forgiving, it might as well be lock-on.
Reinhardt’s hitbox is so forgiving, it might as well be lock-on.
Brigette’s hitbox is so forgiving, it might as well be lock-on.

Grrrr… close-ranged heroes with wide reticles.

1 Like