Models not loading

I was playing Mystery Heroes competitive mode. It was Blizzard World. Round 1 we were defending, everything was fine.
Then starting round 2 I noticed that some of the friendly heroe models did not load, instead only floaty blue orbs were there. After I died, my own model also did not load so my screen was just the UI elements. Also the entire enemy team was only red orbs. I was Mercy and could not even see the beam, but I could see the UI showing who I am healing. After someone died some of the previously not loaded models loaded in but others disappeared.

I left the match and then rejoined and then it was fixed.
This was really crazy. I never had anything like this before. (well a few times in OW1 at game start models did not load for a few seconds on high ping but nothing like this)
I did not have any other issues during the game, no noticable lag or glitches etc.

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Invisible Player Models. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Nearly exact same happened to me this week, Competitive Mystery Heroes and only after the Round 1 (Defending) ended. Once the Attack phase began it was immediately disorienting, taking damage without any enemy visible on the screen, I don’t think even projectile animations were visible. Only difference: it happened in Paraíso (both Hybrid though). Also, I didn’t attempt to leave the match and rejoin, but did check the Replay afterwards and everything was loading through it (a sad spectacle to see me play like a headless chicken).

1 Like